Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for Dana’s internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Dana’s core values at all times.
- Achieves the region’s revenue and profitability quotas for Dana industrial, mobile, and aftermarket repair business. Establishes an environment and foundation for sustainable future sales growth. Sells and teaches others how to sell the Dana value proposition to Dana’s valued customers.
- Directs the selling activities within the region, inclusive of resource deployment and customer interactions. Prioritizes Dana resources effectively and in accordance with Dana’s corporate objectives.
- Efficiently manages Dana’s distributor relationships. Works in conjunction with the territory development and key account teams to ensure growth in defined key account segments.
- Leads the Sales Territory Representatives and Specialists, by inclusively managing sales performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring, and facilitating career development.
- Responsible for the region’s forecasting and sales tracking requirements in a timely and defined manner.
- Sets strategic vision for the region; develops and adheres to the approved business plan; and, accomplishes the growth initiatives that have been established in Dana’s annual budget process.
- Evaluates market trends and gathers competitive information, identify trends that can affect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability. Disseminates information to the Regional Sales Representatives, Marketing, and Operations teams.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Ability to travel as required to accomplish the objectives and requirements of the territory.
- Empowered to make decisions within the region and on behalf of the region with authority to make cross functional decisions in partnership with other Dana leadership team members.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Supervisory or management experience, preferably of a sales staff.
- Working knowledge of the Gear Reducers and Power Transmission Industry.
- Demonstrated record of individual and TEAM achievements in prior sales positions.
- Strong closing skills. Formal sales training courses a plus.
- Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills ARE A MUST.
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information and utilize to position the features and benefits to customers’ needs.
- Knowledge of reducer repair process and alternatives.
- Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in management or engineering preferred, but a minimum of five years’ experience in field sales will be considered.