Territory Sales Manager
Our client, a global manufacturer/distributor to the travel & leisure/hospitality industry is seeking to add a business development professional to its sales team.The Territory Sales Manager position will be responsible for growing their territory by closing new business accounts, and up-selling, cross-selling the inherited book of business.
You will sell in a designated large Northern VA territory, will work from your home office (expenses paid) prospecting, setting up client meetings, etc., and will meet clients in person to close the sale. You will cultivate relationships with customers within the industry to increase product penetration and sales in existing accounts, acquire new customers, and contribute to the company's growing overall market share. Strong account management will be used to enhance and grow the client relationship.
The ideal candidate will
- 3-5 years of solid sales experience
- specific industry experiences (travel, leisure, hospitality sales)
- have demonstrated a strong work ethic
- have a strong consultative, value added sales ability and acumen
- have a proven track record of sales success, building trusting relationships withe clients
- have exceptional time management, detail-oriented, organizational and analytical skills
- have exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation and active-listening skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Providing overall account management to existing customers within a defined geographical area
- Prospecting new customers
- Identifying client needs and opportunities for additional product sales
- Utilizing analytical research tools and sales training resources to effectively target prospects
- Preparing professional business reviews and value-added presentations to deliver to customers
Company offers a competitive base and commission package; monthly car allowance; computer and cell phone; full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401 (k) with company match, flexible dependent and health spending accounts, PTO, etc.