Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 88 countries. Rapidly approaching a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its’ business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
As a business development professional, this is a unique opportunity to join a growing and dynamic company whose strategic business initiatives have propelled it to the forefront of the Travel & Leisure industry. As a member of the Guest Supply team, you will cultivate relationships with customers within the industry to increase product penetration and sales in existing accounts, acquire new customers, and contribute to growing Guest Supply’s overall market share. The continued and rapid growth of Guest Supply’s business offers many long term career growth opportunities, across multiple functions, for the right candidates. Those roles may include opportunities globally within sales, specialty/manufacturing sales, luxury sales, marketing, product innovation & design, supply chain, finance, and human resources, in addition to opportunities at Sysco.
Are You The One?
If you are a person who has demonstrated a strong work ethic, strong consultative and value added sales ability and acumen. If you have a proven track record of building trusting relationships, and a commitment to continuous personal capability development and improvement; exceptional time management and analytical skills, the ability to positively adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment. And if you are highly organized and detail-oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset you can have a career at Guest Supply that challenges your intellect, builds your business acumen, and develops your personal and professional career goals.
The Territory Sales Manager position is responsible for growing the company’s sales and market share in the Travel & Leisure industry by delivering compelling sales presentations that help our customers effectively run their business, serve their guests, and achieve their goals. This outside sales representative position is responsible for selling personal care amenities, textiles (sheets, towels, pillows, etc.), room accessories, furniture, fixtures, and equipment, paper products, janitorial supplies and cleaning products to chain and independent hotels, motels, casino’s, and lodging management groups in an assigned territory and developing solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers at all levels at each target account.
Additional responsibilities for this outside sales role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing overall account management to existing customers within a defined geographical area
- Penetrating the customers management hierarchy to develop relationships at the highest level of the organization
- Identifying client needs and opportunities for additional product sales
- Prospecting new customers
- Utilizing analytical research tools and sales training resources to effectively target prospects
- Evaluating and determining sales opportunities using technology-based solutions such as Salesforce.com
- Preparing professional business reviews and value-added presentations to deliver to customers
- Coordinating with Customer Service to investigate and resolve customer issues
- Educating customers on product specifications
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation and active-listening skills
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred plus 5 years of salesexperience, or, an equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards
- Must have and maintain automobile insurance as specified and sign Guest Supply Vehicle Operations Policy
- Fluency in English and the ability to communicate clearly in-person and via the telephone. Multi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Computer literacy that includes the proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), maintaining a customer database through syndicated technology, general Internet navigation, as well as capability and willingness to become proficient using prescribed proprietary salestechnology and software.