The Territory Sales Manager's overall goal is to consistently achieve or surpass Company sales goals. He/she is expected to manage sales operations and achieve results that will increase the market share in the area. Responsible for the attainment of budgeted volume, return percent and expense control within the sales market. Additionally, responsible for implementation and enforcement of all sales operational programs and policies within the market. Directly responsible for the protection of all company assets under assigned jurisdiction, indirectly including security, maintenance and sanitation. All responsibilities apply to all product lines in BBU.
- Drive retail sales growth in their respective territory.
- Execution of the sales marketing and merchandising plans.
- Solicit potential new business, establish and maintain relationships with Customers .
- Orientate Independent Business Partners or coach and lead Route Sales Professionals in all facets of route operational activity; including ordering / distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning, and meeting customer expectations.
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested by Senior Sales Leadership.
- Lowering returns by guiding their organization through ordering, merchandising and space management.
- Assists I.B.P.'s and/or RSPs and BBU support group with route splits and route productivity.
- Back-up in the event of the need to run open routes, including other territories in the Express system.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records with regard to district/sales volumes, account volumes, promotional volumes, and route volumes on all product lines.
- Maintain and enforce BBU safety and internal audit standards.
- Maintain accounts receivable and unpaid I.B.P.'s and/or RSPs. balances per policy.
- Responsible for meeting district expense and budget targets.
- May recruit Independent Operators or Route Sales Professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree.
- A combination of 3-5 years of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- This position requires the incumbent to have extensive experience working in a sales setting and have working knowledge of DSD operations.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and people skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically Micro Soft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record.