The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for the attainment of budgeted volume, return percent and expense control within the (AREA) market. Additionally, responsible for implementation and enforcement of all sales operational programs and policies within the market. Directly responsible for the protection of all company assets under assigned jurisdiction, indirectly including security, maintenance and sanitation. All responsibilitiesapply to all product lines in BBU.
- Assist in all facets of route operational activity, including ordering / distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning, and meeting customer expectations.
- Assist BBU support group with route splits and route productivity.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records with regard to district/sales volumes, account volumes, promotional volumes, and route volumes on all product lines.
- Maintain and enforce BBU safety and internal audit standards.
- Responsible for meeting district expense and budget targets.
- Solicit potential new business and perform special projects and assignments as requested by RSM and Director of Sales.
Education and Work History
- College Degree plus 3-5 years of related experience. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- This position requires the incumbent to have extensive experience working in a sales setting and have working knowledge of DSD operations.
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and people skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
Key Behavioral Competencies
Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Ability to respond effectively to direction if needed; works primarily as an independent contributor.
Guides junior colleagues to set tasks and achieve objectives within project timeline.
Accountable to lead entire projects having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to business results.
Ability to manage an advanced area of work.
Ability to manage a moderately complex problem.
Ability to exchange detailed information and communicate messages to reach consensus.
Ability to manage a project budget.