Territory Sales Leader
NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is looking for a self-driven Territory Sales leader with a tangible track record of building high-performance relationships and meeting net revenue targets, a real passion for evangelizing technology, and a knack for inspiring team-members, partners, and customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coaching and development of team members, tracking sales activity, providing sales projections, lead generation activity, and creating/analyzing metrics that drive results. They will manage a team of quota carrying inside reps and a team of sales development reps. They will own, manage, and drive revenue outcomes within the assigned region or territories., leading them to excel while creating a team culture based on the shared NGINX values.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Exceed sales quota and goals for geographical, non-named territories
- Review weekly forecast and business outcomes with reps and sales leaders
- Coach and mentor reps to success in all aspects of the sales cycle: lead generation, qualification, forecasting, and closing opportunities
- Manage team to ensure healthy weekly activity: calls, leads, demos, and converted opportunities
- Leverage sales analysis for insight into weekly, monthly and quarterly execution
- Attend weekly regional forecast and management calls to provide Inside Sales perspective
- Collaborate as a peer and teammate with other sales leaders to achieve company goals
- Stay knowledgeable and up-to-date on product roadmap, industry changes, and competitive landscape
- 5+ years sales and management experience focused on managing a territory and retiring quota by driving entire sales cycle
- Experience in SaaS sales and/or Infrastructure sales strongly preferred
- Experience with channel /partner sales model
- Proven to consistently achieve sales goals through your leadership
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly, as well as adapt to changing needs
- Experience in hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Exceptional command of sales methodology and the ability to coach to it
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; the ability to work on many projects concurrently
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with a serious work ethic