Job ID: CEP000894
The successful representative will be able to drive a highly complex, multi-departmental, hospital sale from the introduction of new diagnostic concepts through closure and implementation. He/she will work throughout the entire hospital to ensure Cepheid products and services are known in every key department. This will include the laboratory, infection control, quality assurance, hospital administration, executive staff, and physicians to develop needs, gain consensus, and close new business.
- Sales territory includes: Nashville, Knoxville, Asheville, NC
- Sales rep preferably lives in: Nashville or Knoxville
- Responsible for managing and growing all Cepheid business and for coordinating all associated company activity within an assigned geography for both customer accounts and prospect accounts including, but not limited to, hospitals, reference laboratories, and support of distribution partners.
- Develop demand for, and adoption of, new assays and instrumentation.
- Cultivate strong working relationships throughout the hospital from administration to bench techs.
- Responsible for all communications between the customer and Cepheid personnel and for ensuring that new product implementations go smoothly.
- Coordinate scheduling of other Cepheid resource utilization within the account including Instrument Specialist(s), Systems & Solutions, Marketing, Field Service Engineer(s), Field Technical Support Specialist(s), Tech Support, etc.
- Manage contract compliance.
- Work closely with internal resources to develop and implement customer-specific sales strategies.
- Deliver presentations and proposals.
- Host and assist with trade shows.
- Host user-group meetings (web based and live).
- Manage customer data in the company CRM.
- Achieve instrument and reagent sales goals.
An essential function of this position is the ability to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only, periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and training, and may vary by customer and change from time-to-time. The Company pays the cost for any such vendor credentialing requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years hospital related salesexperience selling throughout the hospital.
- Experience with customer base within territory is a plus.
- Strong track record of sales success, specifically in selling premium products.
- Expertise with demand creation and multi-departmental hospital sales.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel50-75% of the time
- Skilled in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled using a CRM application(s) such as Salesforce.com or Microsoft CRM.