The Territory Sales Director reports to the Head of Sales for the US NE Zone Region and is responsible for generating and closing sales opportunities for both the CyberKnife and TomoTherapy systems to customer accounts within the assigned territory. The Territory Sales Director must have excellent communication, presentation, and relationship building skills, with expertise in solution selling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Territory Sales Director (TSD) must be a proven, consultative, solution sales professional.
- Lead customer interactions in a manner that helps them identify underlying needs, wants, and concerns and effectively present Accuray solutions in a collaborative manner that resonates with all important stakeholders.
- Manage your assigned region, including meeting or exceeding order volume targets and operational budgeted costs while ensuring clinical specialists and project managers work together to achieve total region sales goals and objectives.
- Work closely with marketing, service, patient access and clinical support teams to develop the overall territory sales plan and accurately forecast numbers to ensure order volume targets are met and exceeded.
- Interface with the Service Management team within the region to ensure high customer satisfaction including ownership in selling upgrades and involvement with equipment turnover.
- Build a sales funnel to meet or exceed order volume targets for the region as well as, individual assigned objectives by penetrating competitive accounts and developing existing customers.
- Maintain and gain market share within the region and will be able to manage conflicting strategic priorities and multiple opportunities to create long-term success.
- Manage and be accountable for business issues and opportunities within the territory.
- Keep abreast of Radiation Oncology industry trends, reimbursement changes, competitive landscape and current Accuray product and service portfolios.
- Residence in or near a major metropolitan area preferred.
- Experience in the radiation oncology and/or medical industry, knowledge of Accuray product portfolio is preferred.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years salesexperience with the ability to manage a large territory.
- Must live in the territory of South East.
- Responsible for all activities within region – develop region strategy, account & relationship management including KOL’s and Luminary Sites.
- Responsible for account strategy, i.e. Pricing, Product, Site Visits, Presentations, etc.
- Responsibility for operating plan of region, including forecast, funnel, closing deals, competitive market, reporting up, forecast accuracy, Win/Loss quarterly reporting.
- Must have well established relationships across key hospitals, medical centers and key physicians across territory.
- Proven ability to build a large and sustainable funnel for the region.
- Strong executive level selling, negotiation and facilitation skills are required.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and the drive and persistency to overcome obstacles are paramount to success in this position.
- Financial analysis skills, strong organizational skills and project management exp. required.