As team leader, coordinates the activities of Direct Sales Representatives, Direct Sales Associates, Technical Service Specialists, and Interns to cover implants of St. Jude Medical CRM products. Primary focus of Senior Sales Consultant will be to call on referring physicians and other medical doctors with influence over implanting patterns who themselves typically do not implant ICD products, and help increase St. Jude Medical CRM product sales. Senior Sales Consultants will also call on CRM implanting physicians, medical laboratories, distributors, and hospitals to sell a variety of St. Jude Medical/USD medical devices in an assigned territory. May conduct marketing surveys, effectiveness reviews of calls/sales activities, and territory analysis. Services accounts, suggests and presents new products, and takes orders. As appropriate, assists marketing personnel on advertising and promotional sales strategies.
• Call on referring physicians and other medical doctors with influence over implanting patterns who themselves typically do not implant ICD products, and help increase St. Jude Medical CRM product sales.
• Coordinates implanting schedules for Direct Sales Representatives, Direct Sales Associates and TSSs assigned to the Senior Sales Consultant’s team.
• Contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
• Provides medical professionals with information and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
• Insures that all pertinent patient information (Patient Registration Form) is completed and forwarded to patient tracking when required.
• Responsible for the management of physical inventory located within assigned territory.
• Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
• Analyses sales statistics; prepares reports; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
• May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
• Prepares special analyses as required.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
• Working within broad objectives, is accountable for maintaining and, where possible, expanding the level of sales in assigned area.
• Ensures the prompt follow-up of sales leads, the investigation of complaints, and the timely completion and filing of standard reports required by sales management. Has authority to make sales commitments for assigned efforts and is accountable for results. May provide substantial input to Division-wide sales standards, practices, procedures and policies.
• Decisions and recommendations have critical impact on significant organizational projects or operations. May develop solutions and resolve complex problems that could significantly impact organization budgets and/or commitments.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Works with standard office equipment such as telephone, cellular phone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Work environment varies from well lighted office/cubicle, low to moderate noise level, to a variety of conditions caused by travel requirements such as customer offices, research labs, hospitals, hotels, use of automobiles, commercial travel, weather, etc.
Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees.
• A minimum of 5 years as a CRM sales representative.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent and typically four plus years of progressively more responsible sales experience, including experience with medical devices.
• Working knowledge of domestic regulations relative to the medical device industry.
• Prefer an advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration, professional certification or designation.
• A comprehensive understanding of cardiac rhythm management technology desired.
• A demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices; ability to work with and direct others effectively; ability to prepare and present strong written and verbal communications; and familiarity with medical device industry policies, operations and procedures.
• Documented record of delivering sales/marketing information which adds value to management's decision making process. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, physicians, hospital administrators, government agencies, medical groups, and other sales representatives.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication, negotiation, sales, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and relevant applications.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately 25%, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.