The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Territory Manager. The Territory Manager is responsible for the entire distribution system (both distributors and reps) within an assigned geographical territory. This includes the development, maintenance and upgrading of an effective, well trained and efficient distributor and representative sales force. Requires aggressively and profitably covering the areas assigned and complying with company policy in operation of the district.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist distributors/reps in their sales activity. This includes making frequent trips to distributors/reps, accompanying them when necessary in performing any of their duties, such as sales meetings, seminars and making field calls. Also, assist in expediting deliveries and satisfying complaints as required for critical orders or special customer problems. In all contact with distributors/reps and Distribution Director is responsible for building the prestige and recognition of the salesperson and the company.
- Recruit, select, train and capably manage distributors and reps in accordance with company policies and procedures. Responsible for hiring and terminating distributors/reps with the approval of the Miami Regional Manager , and Regional North LAR MD.
- Assist in the preparation of bids and proposals and maintain completely and carefully all records requested by management and to fill out and mail promptly all reports requested.
- Maintain market awareness and keep the general office advised of all competitive distribution trends, policies, new products, sales campaigns, prices, discounts, profit structures and special deals as these come to his/her attention.
- Attend industry conventions, trade meetings and sales meetings as deemed advisable. Participate in other worthwhile community activities as a public relations asset to the company.
- Perform required and necessary company entertainment duties with current and prospective distributors.
- Prepare and recommend sales volume budgets for the distributors and reps.
- Control expenses and costs of travel and entertainment expense.
- Study market analysis figures furnished by the general office and from them assist distributors/reps in preparing sales coverage plans.
- Inform management and Business developers in any new development in one of the countries in the territory.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent experience.
- 4-5 years of technical sales experience with a private distribution network, preferably within the pump industry or rotating equipment or working in the field of US wastewater segment program development and sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus and capable of working independently
- Strong technical knowledge in any rotating equipment market segments and a proven track record of successful consultant, contractor, and developer technical sales and support, as well as distributor/sales force development experience.
- Capable of motivating/ supporting sales professionals.
- Bilingual ( English & Spanish) required.
- legally able to work in the United States.