The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Territory Manager for the Industrial Market in the South Central Region, USA (West Texas and Oklahoma). This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Americas Commercial Team and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in the industrial marketplace. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges.
This position is responsible for driving sales growth in the industrial market segment, focusing on general industry, O&G and mining, but also involving the brands AC Fire, Flygt, Godwin and Goulds Water Technology. The employee will work closely with distributors to grow pump, motor, monitoring & controls and treatment products. This territory has a tremendous opportunity for growth.
- Develop and execute a Master Business Plan with each distributor.
- Deliver order and sales targets versus budgets. Work with distributors to increase sales & market share of products in territory. Open new distributors where and when necessary.
- Motivate and implement growth strategies with distribution channels.
- Travel with distributor personnel to train and help grow Xylem product sales.
- Maintain and grow large project funnel in coordination with channels.
- Assist the marketing team in defining new markets and product opportunities.
- Make prospecting calls on EPC, OEM and end users with channels.
- Hold trainings for channels and channel customers.
- Attend local trade association meetings and conduct trainings.
- Keep management advised of competitors’ activities in the territory / region.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business / Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience in the industrial pump market
- Experience in Oil and Gas Market including processes
- Understanding of hydraulics’ and electronics.
- Experience with pump systems, electric motors, controls & monitoring and packaged pump stations.
- Individual must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of field sales experience.
- Experience managing distribution channels.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- 50%-70% travel required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.