We are seeking a Territory Manager (Sales) to represent BD's Vascular Care Product Portfolio in the NE/IA acute healthcare market segment. The products included in this portfolio are prefilled saline flush syringes, hypodermic syringes/needles, ChloraPrep, dressing changes systems in addition to others. The primary call points include value analysis, nursing, infection prevention, materials management in addition to other areas. This territory would require current residence in the stated geography with no relocation available.
- Prospect for new business opportunities across all portfolios and maintaining existing business across all promoted product portfolios.
- Implement marketing platform initiatives and maintaining a strong sales funnel/pipeline of opportunities.
- Manage conversion opportunities from initial account targeting through evaluation, product ordering and in-servicing.
- Conduct regular clinical training and in-servicing on product usage.
- Implement national, regional and local contractual agreements.
- Conduct regular territory business and sales analysis.
- Work with local distributor branches and representatives.
- Collaborate with internal team members and utilizing available sales support resources.
- Manage a travel and expense budget within guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years' experience as a sales professional with a solid track record (examples will be requested).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Effective pre-call planning, listening, verbal and presentation skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Current residence within the specified territory geography. No relocation offered with this position.
- Solid presentation, selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong sales process.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and quickly respond to both internal and external customer needs.
- Proven ability to prioritize and segment accounts based on opportunity
- A drive for success as an individual and in team situations
- Effect time management skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Current experience with territory hospitals and IDN’s.
- Formal sales training and development.
- Clinical knowledge of the acute care setting and healthcare market.
- Experience and proficiency with Salesforce.com.
- Experience with and knowledge of the Group Purchasing Organizations utilized in the territory.
- Former clinical experience.