TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Territory Manager - Decking for our Northern California territory. This person sells products for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments, or individuals at sales offices, stores, or showrooms.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sell products for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments, and individuals at sales offices, stores or showrooms.
- Develop profitable new business and grow sales in existing accounts.
- Conduct meetings and speak before groups.
Write reports and various types of correspondence.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate activities and services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites and other sources.
- Travel throughout the assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog and emphasize salable features.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare salescontracts for orders obtained.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts.
- Work with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Coordinate customer training.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- At least three years of successful salesexperience.
- Must have valid driver’s license. Travel by air transportation in and out of assigned territory and overnight stays away from home required.
- Salesexperience in decking, residential, or commercial construction products a plus, but not required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and/or exert up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical activities include climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking and hearing. The employee will also have frequent exposure to heights of over 4 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this Job include acuity sufficient for driving an automobile and truck, minimal color discrimination and accurate depth perception.
- Frequent extended work hours.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.