Territory Managers are responsible for cold calling, prospecting and building relationships that will increase account revenue growth and customer satisfaction within specified product lines and geography. Focus areas will include driving new business with responsibility for achieving sales expectations in an assigned territory while providing exceptional service and support to physicians to meet their patient’s needs. The Territory Manager is responsible for case coverage in catheter labs while working with physicians and key decision makers.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement sales strategies to effectively promote Shockwave products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Meet with a variety of physicians and other hospital personnel to determine customers’ needs, goals, product usage, and types of cases handled.
- Educate customers on products and proper clinical usage by delivering presentations and demonstrations.
- Routinely attend procedures/cases in hospital operating rooms and advise on product usage and gain insight into specific needs of physicians’ and OR staff.
- Responsible for attainment of sales/revenue objectives for the territory in order to attain quota.
- Partner with Clinical, Field Clinical Reps, Marketing, R&D and other business units to identify selling opportunities and present to potential clients.
- Conduct consultative sales calls with Interventional Cardiologists, and Vascular Surgeons.
- Build and maintain solid customer relationships.
- Demonstrate in-depth product knowledge, and ability to speak clinically to physicians at a high level.
- Complete and processes timely reports including but not limited to: sales summary reports, expense reports, monthly product tracking reports, careful account targeting reports, and complaint reports in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Maintain company standards involving ethical and moral character while professionally representing the company
- Comply with all corporate compliance, FDA, medical device, quality standards and ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years’ proven successful track record in medical device sales or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Successful Sales experience in catheter technology with occlusive vascular disease, endovascular, atherectomy, stent, coronary sales experience with peripheral influence.
- Ability to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Capable of independently managing time, resources, and budget within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory’s objectives are achieved.
- Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device business.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers, hospitals and physicians. Obtain new users for company products and services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Operate as a team and/or independently while demonstrating flexibility to changing requirements