Our people make it happen. We have an exciting opportunity available in the Virginia area for a Territory Manager responsible for our VA commercial business. The Territory Manager leads the success and profitability of various Agency Management Specialist ('AMS') territories within the region and supervises the activities of the AMSs responsible for those territories. Provides continuous training, coaching, and feedback to team. Creates business partnerships with inside underwriting teams and Corporate staff. Develops and maintains strong agency relationships and presence within the region through agency visits and agency management.
- Promotes the development and production of profitable business through the supervision, training, coaching, and monitoring of AMS activities and goals.
- Monitor adherence to company underwriting guidelines and provide feedback and guidance to AMS/Agent.
- Works closely with regional management in achieving budgeted regional financial goals.
- Works closely with regional management to prepare operating budget for office and monitors and controls department's budget and expenses.
- Establishes procedures and controls to ensure accomplishment of service standards.
- Oversees activities, workflows, and productivity to ensure compliance with company, consumer and technical standards.
- Promotes the use of technology to improve overall efficiency, productivity and service both internally and externally.
- Identifies field weaknesses and implements improvement plans that bring staff to an acceptable level or terminates.
- Works with regional management and AMSs in preparing and participating in a variety of important meeting forums, such as the AMS conference, producer council meetings and regional sales meetings.
- Assist in developing and implementing important strategies related to market share, agency appointments, product marketing, and other key corporate strategies.
- Partners with various regional and corporate departments to develop regional expansion strategies in Colorado and Utah and takes lead on building talent and agency partnership plan.
- Monitors all communications to agents and follows up with AMS on the marketing effect and effectiveness of our communication. Responsible for travel within territory traveling to agent offices. Travel represents approximately 50% of time.
- Must be able to lead project teams;
- Excellent customer service, networking and relationship building skills;
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills;
- Strong problem-solving ability, and excellent presentation skills;
- Proven leadership capability; and Pro-active, driven and takes initiative.
- Must have valid state-issued driver’s license in good standing.
College degree with at least 6 years Underwriting, Agency Management, Marketing, or Field Underwriting experience.
The following experience is preferred:
- 3 years Supervisory
- 1 year Loss Control
- 1 year Claims
Job ID 5833