The Territory Manager, Sales is responsible for the on-label promotion and execution of sales strategies for approved Esperion products to targeted customers within the posted geographic area. As a member of the Company’s field sales force, the Territory Manager, Sales is responsible for all aspects of personal promotion within their assigned geography. They will be expected to execute the implementation of Esperion sales processes within local geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing resources and while ensuring they operate in an effective, efficient and compliant manner at all times. This role reports into the Regional Sales Manager.
Preferred Location: Indianapolis SE, IN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Develop and implement Territory business plans, budgets and maintain overall responsibility of action plans for the Territory.
- Establish and maintain effective communications among Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) and Territory Managers (TMs); organize and monitor performance to achieve the business potential of the Territory
- Review performance metrics with RSM to ensure territory is achieving maximum sales results.
- Monitor and strive to maintain consistency between Sales and Marketing efforts and ensure high standards for executing business initiatives.
- Following all Esperion Expense Report guidelines and adhere to allocated territory budget
- Successfully complete all assigned annual on-line assessments and provide Regional Sales Manager requested territory updates
- Utilize provided territory management tools to optimally manage territory for exceptional performance
- Participate and successfully complete annual on-line compliance courses
- Responsible for implementing the marketing plans set according to the Company’s strategic brand imperatives.
- Work closely with leadership and Market Access to maximize reimbursement from commercial & government payers.
- Execute and oversee Territory Business Reviews.
- Provide input on the development and implementation of sales training strategies, plans and processes to support commercial goals, including all training programs involving customer-facing roles within the Sales team.
- Create and manage Territory plans including message, reach and frequency, and budget goals.
- Responsible achieving sales goals as approved by sales management.
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with key customers and thought leaders through personal contacts while working with the field.
- Execute account management performance against budget to ensure a cost-effective allocation of resources and appropriate management reporting.
- Ability to maintain vendor credentialing requirements for entities such as VendorMate and RepTrax in order to maintain access to customer locations.
- Always demonstrate active modeling of the Esperion core values of Collaboration, Passion, Courage, Accountability and People
- Ensure that all actions and those of his/her team both internally and through vendors working on our behalf, are compliant in following all laws, regulations and policies and demonstrate Company values.
*additional duties and responsibilities not listed here may be required
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years in a sales representative function in a U.S. pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical organization.
- Proven track record of success in launching new products and/or indications.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in Cardiology highly preferred.
- At least 1 Presidents Club or equivalent in the past 5 years with consistent track record of delivering sales results.
- 5 years’ experience in a highly accountable sales structure with sole product sales responsibility in a territory
- Current relationships within territory boundaries for call plan targets highly preferred.
- Ability to embrace the Esperion culture. Passionate about the mission and reputation of the Company, and the importance of alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- High degree of customer focus.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills. Has the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences, including customers, colleagues, scientific and technical leaders, pharmaceutical and business partners, collaborators, and senior executives.
- Travel requirement: Up to 30% including overnight stays.