DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sell siding and accessories to distribution channels within assigned territory
- Is responsible for the overall strategic management of assigned territory. Includes working with top management of distributor businesses to identify and capitalize on areas of opportunity (i.e., improved product mix).
- Develops existing accounts
- Assure distributors will promote brand properly to existing customers and continually seeks and closes new customers. Both of these functions should lead to a desired product mix and market share.
- Prospect and close new target customers to properly sell and promote brand
- Conducts sales training of distributor customer personnel
- Conducts dealer and End User meetings.
- Introduces and trains distributors/dealer/builders with new products; provides customer feedback on marketing programs.
- Competitive research and analysis to increase knowledge of marketplace and differentiate CertainTeed brands.
- Create pull-through demand by calling on builders, architects, and contractors
- Effectively plans and controls local promotional and special budget expenses.
- Manages travel, entertainment and expense budgets to meet established parameters and to increase profitability of territory.
Represent Brand at trade shows (national, regional, and distributor)
- In conjunction with the consumer services department, provide timely and accurate claims resolution by inspecting (if required), negotiating settlements, and submitting proper documentation
- Resolve in conjunction with the regional office and the credit department billing and credit disputes with distributor customers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years’ related sales experience.
- Strong motivational, interpersonal skills and the ability to strategize and plan activities to meet sales and marketing objectives.