Additionally, this position is responsible for providing service to assigned customer base that is consistent with, and in support of, the five Saint-Gobain attitudes that represent our heritage and ambition. Cultivate Customer Intimacy, Act as an Entrepreneur, Innovate, Be Agile, Build an Open and Engaging Culture.
- Profitable sales growth
- Achieve specification share and project closing goals
- Meet or exceed Sales Budget
- Operates in a safe and environmentally conscious manner, providing Preferred Service and Preferred Quality to our customers
- Develops and implements territory strategy consistent with the overall U.S. Gypsum Policy Deployment Strategy and overcome the Must Win Battles.
- Track and manage all sales volume commitment by state, customer & branch on a daily basis in order to achieve overall monthly forecast.
- Develops effective working relationships with distribution yard managers (up to 60% of time), contractors (up to 30% of time), and architects/specifiers (up to 5% of time) creating "pull-through" demand. Subsequently working with distribution customers to close related sales.
- Actively targets and tracks construction projects from planning through bidding phases to maximize closing rates using company provided tools such as McGraw-Hill Network, SpecShare, etc.
- Provide technical support to all customer audiences; establish credibility as solutions oriented, industry expert
- Digital Usage, placing an emphasis on relationship-based sales to increase customer retention, satisfaction, and new opportunities through the effective use of SalesForce.com and Net Promoter Score
- Performs market sensing functions and provide VOC reports on customer needs, and market intelligence/trends by documenting in SFDC. Daily documentation of sales activities in SFDC.
- Manages market price by customer, channel, mode/mix and SKU to maximize profitability. Monitors competitive market pricing and, where applicable, presents documented price approval requests to manager in strict accordance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
- Conducts/participates in sales promotion and educational meetings with architects, contractors, applicators, and distributors' personnel. Assist in the planning and conducting of contractor audits
- Participate in, and promote CT's "Building Solutions" program to support Cross-Business Unit growth
- Identify, qualify and develop new account prospects consistent with overall company strategy
- Promptly investigates customer complaints, prepares reports and make recommendations to supervisor for timely settlement.
Conducts business operations according to the CertainTeed Gypsum service charter to maximize our service offering, and minimize plant disruption. Proactively promotes the sale of slow moving product (SLOB Report)
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs timely review and updates of pricing in support of and responsible for invoice accuracy
- Administrative functions as directed by management (e.g., reports, expense management, customer info, data quality etc.)
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study, or the equivalent training which will provide a working knowledge of the regulations, practices and procedures concerned with outside sales activities for the construction industry.
Three plus years of related experience in applying this knowledge in daily sales activities such as managing customer relationship, sales presentations and the closing of sales.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build quality relationships through networking.
Proficient in Spanish preferred.
Negotiation skills, problem solving abilities, and presentation skills a must.
Proficiencies in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) are also required.