The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: Other, Other, Other Other
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 4 to 5 Years
This position will require working from a home – office location. This individual must be able to specify, apply, market, and sell all of the company’s products and services to Kansas, Western Missouri and Nebraska. The customer base includes municipalities, coops, government agencies, power users, distributors, consultants and Investor Owned Utilities. The position will require effective contact throughout all customer personnel, from the executive levels to the administrative and operating personnel.
The position will require as much time as required in a 24 hour, 7-day a week basis to effectively and productively manage and conduct Company business, often in an excess of 8 hours per day routinely. The individual must be proficient at selling, making presentations, writing proposals and business letters, and speaking in front of an audience of customers. Solid computer skills that include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Must be able to invest time supporting Company’ products in the field, and to provide emergency assistance as required. Must also be willing to entertain customers, as appropriate, in the evenings and on weekends to effectively establish customer relationships necessary to effectively sell the Company’s products and services. Occasional overnight travel may be required for this position, estimated at 20 nights per year.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviewing e-mail at least once per day-approximate time 1-hour minimum.
- Responding to trouble calls, coordinating S&C response & support (7x24 Basis).
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent experience.
- Presentation skills, including PowerPoint.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the application and operation is medium voltage electrical equipment
Relevant Work Experience:
Must have previous experience within the Electric Power industry and selling to electric utilities. Desirable background would include the following: sales, marketing, engineering, application support, and service experience.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Occasional 4-6 hour duration at trade shows or job sites.
- Lifting: Occasional 50 pounds (product samples, literature, etc)
- Walking: Regular walking of moderate distances at customer and S&C locations.
- Carrying: Product samples and literature ranging in size.
- Bending: Use of product samples and display trailers.
- Reaching: Use of product samples and display trailers.
- Handling: Use of product samples and display trailers.
- Environment: Basic mechanical aptitude and frequent use of keyboard and mouse.