Environment One Corporation, located in Niskayuna, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Territory Manager to join our Sewer Systems Sales Team! This position will be based in Florida.
Purpose: Manages, administer and achieve sales targets and activities for a specified key territory.
- Cultivates specified territories, sells company products and services through distributors and/or direct sales.
- Assess opportunity in geographic area of responsibility for E/One's products and services.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of products and services.
- Responsible for meeting established sales quotas in conformance with annual budget though channel sales management activities.
- Training Distributor personnel (i.e. outside and inside sales people, technical support personnel, etc.)
- Conducting joint sales calls with their Distributors' technical and field sales representatives.
- Orchestrating and/or participate in marketing events that E/One & Distributors hold (i.e. on-site customer events, forums, trade shows, etc.).
- Identify, coordinate, track and execute prospecting efforts with engineers, builders/developers and operators, independent and in conjunction with Distributors, to generate demand that would be fulfilled through the channel partner.
- Under discretion from sales management, the Territory Manager will be assigned target accounts to: cultivate relationships, generate sales, project management duties, provide design assistance, training, field service activities and others including distribution when appropriate.
- Become active in local B/D groups and trade organizations (NAHB)
- Target B/D in FL and their engineering firms
- Target specified accounts, build relationships, make recommendations, and sell E/One products & service
- Maintains constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems with assigned area; recognizes trends that develop and takes corrective action or makes appropriate recommendations as required which may include recruiting new and terminating existing Distributors.
- Develop annual business plans with Regional Manager which includes setting sales goals and planning market development activities.
- Attend periodic meetings with distributor to provide support, review their performance (With RM) and define corrective actions.
- Analyzes and prepares sales forecasts and reports. All sales personnel complete weekly activities including pipeline, detail of activity in the territory, and project updates via CRM.
- The Territory Manager is expected to demonstrate a high level of managerial competency, including awareness of territorial market drivers, performance of our technology, the competitive position of E/One versus competition, and the performance of distribution relative to established sales targets and associated profitability. The Territory Manager must be aware of distributor profitability trends and to demonstrate competency in describing, understanding and then driving the factors necessary for quarter over quarter growth. Proactive engagement of this performance category is critical to meeting and exceeding E/One sales targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or engineering required. PE license preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five years proven technical sales experience.
- Possess strong technical knowledge/aptitude; pump experience is required
- Experience in the wastewater industry is required
- PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.