As the global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of decorative surfacing materials, Formica Corporation offers its customers the best performing products in the industry. We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional to be based in the New York Metro, New Jersey area as the New York Metro & Long Island/New Jersey Territory Manager.
The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for the local Distributor and qualified OEM accounts within the territory, and reports to the Region Sales Manager. The TM will be the lead for the Formica Market Team which will also include: A&D, Inside Sales, Customer Service and distributors' resources. The TM is responsible for working with the distributor sales reps to ensure customers are the receiving the highest possible level of service.
- Key focus is to identify and close project specific opportunities with OEMs and targeted Distributor Accounts
- Place greatest emphasis on target account process which identifies, gains understanding so that a value proposition for Formica products can be provided that closes increased and ongoing business.
- Increase the time to handle the transactional side of business at the distributor customers level, then work with the Region Sales Manager who will focus on key aspects of the distributor actions and operation as well
- Enhance the partnership with local distributor branches to facilitate project tracking, execution of initiatives/promotions and distributor sales force coaching
- Ensure that you are part of the market team along with the A&D Specialist, Inside Sales, Channel Manager, distributor reps and distributor A&D reps for cohesive development and tracking of projects and opportunities
Requirements include: Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a focus in Business preferred, knowledge of the strategic selling process and bidding phases, sales negotiation skills, demonstrated customer aptitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years related sales experience. Some overnight travel is required.
We offer an excellent compensation package to include base salary, bonus and company car as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please visit our Career Center at http://www.formica.com/en/us/careers.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vets
Only qualified individuals (those who meet the fundamental qualifications) will be considered as applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted for a minimum of 3 business days from the date of the initial posting.