The Territory Manager’s primary role is to represent the Optinose novel product, XHANCE™ (fluticasone propionate) nasal spray, approved to treat nasal polyps in adults and under development for the treatment of chronic sinusitis. Understand and identify a customer’s needs, support pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy and market access, deliver sales results and ensure Optinose is viewed as a valued partner to healthcare professionals and their patients. Develop superior product and disease state knowledge in order to engage in a clinical dialogue with healthcare professionals and effectively educate on approved indications and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
Essential Accountable Functions/Responsibilities:
- Drive outstanding sales performance. Effectively use assigned budgets and resources to drive therapeutic and territory expectations. Customize discussions and client interactions based on customer’s needs.
- Maintain current understanding of local market, practice structures, business models, and key influencers. Work with appropriate customers to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers, network structure, customer needs and identify business opportunities.
- Provide input into resource allocation decisions across customers/district. Identify and select programs/resources available and appropriate for each customer, practice, and/or system.
- Work with Optinose Regional Business Director and other Commercial Leaders to develop a local business plan that ensures achievement of all KPI goals and delivery on all sales objectives.
- Work with other Territory Managers around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years’ pharmaceutical sales experience
- Specialty sales for 2+ years
- A thorough understanding of the differences in calling on PCP offices vs Specialists
- A proven record of accomplishment
- Drug delivery/respiratory experience
- Emerging company experience preferred
- Marketing or other cross-functional experience preferred
- Product Launch experience preferred
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified