Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Territory Rep, MCS.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Achieve sales targets as outlined in the SIP and Vital Few.
- Clinical knowledge of all Abbott Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) system to support cases as needed.
- Effective and timely management of business process, including customer contract negotiation, price quotes, customer complaints, monthly reports, TAP's, Blue Sheets, Partnership Summary, SFA, RMA, expense management and Concur expense reporting.
- Effective communication and collaboration with: Territory Team (Clinical, Market Development), Training and Education, Center Development, Reimbursement, Technical Services, Customer Service, Marketing and Field Management Team.
- Targeted approach to growing your business and achieving sales targets. Demonstrate effective: account assessment, forecasting, and strategic planning utilizing the Strategic Selling Sales Methodology.
- Ensure customer Satisfaction.
- Awareness of and adherence to Advamed guidelines.
- Understanding and application of hospital administration, purchasing and reimbursement policies.
- Region wide project involvement.
- Establishes outstanding customer relationships and shows the highest degree of professional behavior at all times.
- Responsible for initiating account contacts, conducting high level of sales call activity, providing clinical and technical support/guidance to customers. Maintains regular contact with current and potential accounts in the assigned territory.
- Actively participates in the communication of concepts and ideas, which prove of benefit to the sales and customer support efforts. Prepares territory budget and revenue forecast for approval and inclusion into the annual sales plan. Provides field input into all aspects of the strategic and tactical planning process and submits forward looking projections of sales for internal inventory forecasting.
- Serves as a corporate liaison working closely with Region Directors, Senior Management, Marketing, Training & Education, Research & Development, Regulatory & Clinical Affairs, Reimbursement, Customer Service, and Technical Service and as appropriate other departments to provide the highest level of service to customers.
- Monitors and reports on all relevant activity, sales calls, calendar, and sales to objective by account within the assigned geography. Provides necessary input for the timely preparation and submission of formal offers and price quotes to qualified accounts and provides timely and factual feedback on market participant activities within the assigned geography.
- Completes sales and expense reports as requested by management in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy, maintains planning calendar and completes all additional documentation requested by management on time.
- Protects and acts responsibly toward all company equipment, confidential information and effectively manages expense budget. Provides support at Tradeshows as requested by management.
- Immediately reports to Regulatory Affairs and as appropriate Technical Services of any product failures or customer complaints, and provides timely reporting through established processes.
- Shares concepts and ideas on product improvement and potential new accessories with Research and Development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott's marketplace success:
- Bachelor degree in relevant field of study required (or equivalent).
- Five years of medical device sales experience required within Cardiovascular field.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the territory including overnights.
- Understanding of hospital account management and proven ability to establish strong customer relationships is required.