Territory Sales Representative – Pensacola, FL
Are you interested in a job related to retail and consumer products? Do you enjoy the freedom of setting your own schedule and working outside a traditional office? Are you passionate about sports and the great outdoors? Consider Maurice Sporting Goods for your next career opportunity!
Our Field Sales team is searching for an outside sales and service representative, ideally located in the Pensacola, FL area. As a Territory Sales Manager based out of your home, you will travel to our customers’ retail locations throughout the Western Panhandle as well as Eastern Louisiana and Southern AL and MS on a daily basis. In this role, your primary objective will be to impact top line sales and profitability via direct selling, utilization of customer POS systems to enhance category performance, leveraging relationships in the field, as well as, providing replenishment, inventory management, and merchandising support.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Executing account direction, completing store sets and resets, managing inventories, building in-store features, and promotional planning.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of each account including Market Managers, District Managers, and Regional Vice Presidents.
- Communicating with Maurice Sales Management and Account Executives regarding account activity, directional changes, customer feedback, and business enhancement opportunities.
- Planning and adhering to itineraries, as well as, completing call reports and related documentation.
- Three years’ recent retail sales/management experience and strong merchandising skills within the mass market segment.
- Knowledge of and passion for the fishing and hunting categories, as well as, extensive familiarity with the area’s fisheries and seasons. Knowledge of regional college and university sports and fan markets preferred.
- High school or equivalent secondary education diploma (Associates Degree preferred).
- Proficient in MS Office, email, learning new software applications, and leveraging technology to drive the business.
- Strong customer focus, high energy, a professional demeanor, integrity, and a high-degree of flexibility and responsiveness.
- Excellent internal and external relationship-building skills, coupled with an ability to adapt and optimize communication style, as necessary to achieve desired results.
- A self-motivated and self-directed personality with a strong team orientation, who can succeed working independently in the field.
- Business savvy, creativity, and the ability to sell, influence and negotiate in a professional manner.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Willingness and ability to sustain a daily travel schedule to effectively manage the territory with periodic overnights as required(approximately 3-4 nights out per month).
- Strong attention to detail including accurate data entry and mathematical computation skills.
- Physical capabilities associated with setting stores and stocking shelves, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
What can you expect?
In return for your contributions, we offer a total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, 401K, and vacation/sick pay.
Our associates enjoy working here and enjoy the opportunities to make a difference for our customers and vendors. If you are looking for a fun and exciting career that allows you to work with awesome products while maintaining a flexible schedule, then we want to talk to you! Come and join our winning team!
Only resumes received through our online application system will be considered.
Maurice Sporting Goods participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program, which is a service of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA).