Overall Job Summary
Matthews International, a leader in Marking and Coding Technologies, is seeking a sales representative for a territory that includes Western, PA, Western, NY and Ontario, Canada markets. Matthews supplies industrial marking and coding solutions to a wide variety of industries including, plastics, rubber, metals, building products, automotive, consumer products, packaging and glass.
This position requires a motivated sales person to prospect and qualify leads, develop and implement sales growth plans, and provide application consultation to improve our customers’ processes The ability and confidence to sell to VP/Plant management level is necessary. Experience in a solution based selling model and prior industrial sales experience is preferred. The candidate will be based in Western, PA or Western, NY.
- Essential duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Meet sales budget by planning time & activity, executing activity, and follow through for internal operations / customers.
- Achieve budgeted sales objectives set for the assigned territory. Self-manage time and activity to ensure objectives are on track.
- Manage expenses at or below budgeted levels.
- Act as the primary contact for all accounts in the sales territory.
- Gather and document specifications needed for standard and custom applications for equipment.
- Organize and maintain sales, product, and pricing information needed to initiate, quote and close sales.
- Present custom as well as standard quotations to customers in accordance to the guidelines set by the division
- Prepare, implement and monitor individual marketing and territory sales plans.Complete expense reports, sales call reports, quote file summary, monthly territory report according to division standards and turn in on time.
- Investigate and communicate field problems thru the use of FTR's and other communications to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Follow up on and report results on all advertising, internet and trade show leads.
- Prospect with companies perceived to have marking requirements based on successful installations.
- Maintain all company assets in good working order. Communicate to the regional sales manager the status of all company assets and loan account equipment. It is also the responsibility of the Account Manager to have a home office for filing and maintaining customer records for his/her territory.
- Assist the credit department as needed in special credit and collection situations where a personal visit or assistance is needed.
- Participate in regional and national trade shows within assigned product responsibilities as required by the division.
- Gain competitive pricing/functional feedback and report to regional sales manager and product marketing staff in Pittsburgh
Qualifications / Requirements
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
Minimum 5 years successful equipment sales background.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be fully proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other comparable CRM is desired.
Certificates, Driver's License, Registrations:
Valid driver's license
No travel restrictions
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong prospecting, business-development cold-calling and closing skills
- Ability to grow and manage an existing customer base
- Solid track record of surpassing sales goals
- Must possess strong communication, negotiating, and time management skills
- Flexible style, perseverance, and interpersonal savvy
- Aptitude for problem solving and the ability to determine solutions for customers using a consultative sales approach
50 - 80% Travel with over-night stays
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Base Salary and Commission Structure
- Company car, lap top, cell phone, and paid travel expenses
- Comprehensive benefits plan includes: medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and 401K
- Growth opportunity