Key Factors for Position Success
This field sales role requires someone who has proven strategic experience growing a dealer customer via various engagement techniques, strategically developing a channel market, conducting market analyses, and consulting with dealer teams to yield Marvin sales growth (sales team, leadership, ownership).
The people that make up the Marvin Family of Brands are dedicated to enriching the places where we live and work. What began over 100 years ago as a family company built on an old-fashioned code of honesty, hard work, and service to their neighbors is now one of the world’s premier window and door companies. Through our three unique brands—Marvin, Integrity, and Infinity—and each brand’s unique offerings of customization and performance, we can provide a solution to any project. For everything from new construction to remodeling and replacements, to commercial building and even historical restorations, we never take shortcuts, and we always adhere to the highest possible standards and the highest levels of service. We stand behind every one of our products, every step of the way.
Our entire organization is on a path toward both current and future success by winning, growing, and thinking differently. To us, this means that we empower our employees to make brilliant decisions; we embrace flexibility with accountability; we encourage our employees to take ownership of their career growth; and we challenge employees to demonstrate initiative and propose solutions to consistently move us forward.
Innovation and quality are our heritage and our future. We have our finger on the pulse of our customers’ needs, which guides our focus, securing our industry leadership status. Above all, we are family – Marvin family founded, owned, and led, which inspires our deeply collaborative, high performance work environments. We are innovators. We are passionate. And we trust each other, because many of us have nearly 20 years of expertise to share with those who bring new ideas and fresh ways of thinking to our teams. If that’s you, join us.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop channel partners who will effectively cover all market segments within geography and increase The Marvin Family of Brands market share
• Implement strategic sales plans; develop territory budget and sales forecasts
• Develop channel partner sales team through various training, which includes market segment training and focus, sales support, technological interface tools, sales training, and product knowledge training
• Work with key contacts such as dealers, builders, general contractors, architects, and remodelers to effectively provide clear and valuable communication on projects, services, and market offerings for Marvin Windows and Doors as well as Integrity from Marvin
• Manage the job role’s expense budget
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with decision makers through use of creative problem solving, accurate information, and timely responses
• Assist in the development of new sales programs and processes
• Represent The Marvin Family of Brands at assigned trade and consumer shows
• Regularly communicate strategic and tactical information to sales leadership regarding competitors in assigned territory and region
• Promote and coordinate factory tours and training held at corporate/flagship location in Warroad, MN
• Frequent travel throughout the assigned territory, which will require regular some overnight stays; valid driver’s license is required
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
• Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear, concise messages to target audiences including employees, customers, pro trade personnel, and industry groups; interact with and motivate cross-functional company groups
• Cohesive interpersonal and relationship-building skills at multiple levels
• Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities
• Developed organizational skills, intuition, and reasoning abilities
• High energy, self-directed, professionally confident, and self-motivated
• Approachable, collaborative, and presents with appropriate business acumen
• Self-manage priorities and deadlines
• Aptitude to work withrequired technology, software applications, CRM platform (Salesforce.com)
Education and Experience
• 4-year degree or equivalent industry experience
• Premium building products experience in dealer direct territory-based outside sales required
• Fenestration industry experience given additional consideration