Virtual / Travel
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
Less than 5 years
Posted 26 days agoby Vickie Romero
A leading global diagnostics and molecular technology company that is in the process of launching various molecular diagnostics product line Systems into the clinical and clinical research marketplaces is seeking a Territory Manager, Hospital Lab for it Puerto Rico location.
The Territory Manager will be serving as the key point of contact for the company's customers in Puerto Rico. Overall responsibility for selling products, services, solutions to new and/or existing customers directly or through sales channels and establishing and/or maintaining customer relationships. He/She will report directly to the Manager, Sales and Operations, Puerto Rico.
Key Duties, Activities and Responsibilities:
• Provide "one face to the customer", quarterback within account. Single point of contact for all customer needs.
• Assumes product ownership and responsibility of all diagnostic business units with basic understanding of the products and positioning against the competition.
• Develops relationship with base of customers to maintain and grow diagnostic reagent business in Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Hemostasis, Urinalysis, Molecular and Microbiology, POC.
• Effective utilization of resources, both internal and external, to maintain and grow relationships to accomplish goals.
Financial management responsibility
• Qualifies prospect and exchange instrument opportunity before bringing in Instrument Specialist. Tracks and manages sales process.
• Identifies and develops prospect opportunities for all product responsibilities.
• Accountable to drive all product line revenue in territory.
• Shared responsibility with all Specialists to maximize capital revenue.
• Develops and implements strategic plans for accounts, in line with company objectives, to grow revenue in a profitable way both short and long term.
• Updates reagent trending reports to ensure accuracy in reagent forecast.
• Manage quoting and proposal process as well as delivery to the customer in collaboration with Instrument specialist. Request quotes from Instrument Specialist.
• Manages customer compliance on reagent contracts and works to develop plans when customers are not meeting commitments.
• Conducts Business Reviews with top customers or when warranted.
• Responsible for forecasting revenue and unit opportunities in business reviews.
Customer relationship responsibility
• Establish relationship with customers vertically from bench tech to c-suite. Develops trust and establishes credibility with diagnostic section heads and lab management. Maintains relationship with Materials Management, as well as C-suite.
• Develops a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned accounts.
• Orchestrates customer presentations and demonstrations, with specialist, articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
• Problem resolution, assumes ownership of account issues and uses appropriate resources.
Work Experience, Skills and Education Required:
• Required BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Geographically accessibility to territory.
• Proven history of successful sales with 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
• Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels of an organization (internal and external).
• Ability to manage and resolve complex business problems; at times in the absence of existing procedures or practices.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, Experience:
• High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer), in order to make sound decisions.
• Experienced in sales to the hospital laboratory call point.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
• Ability of develop an understanding of product knowledge on all product lines.
• Demonstrated organization skills