The Territory Manager (TM) will successfully manage a territory promoting the company’s GYN surgical products to meet established sales objectives and goals in an ethical manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute an interactive, strategic, and tactical territory Sales Plan; including: Master Sales plan, Gap Analysis, Marketing and Educational plans
Achieve sales forecast objectives for all products, to include capital equipment and related disposables
- Conduct sales calls, build rapport, and make presentations to surgeons, physicians, nursing staff, hospital administration, payers, insurers, health-care providers, and others necessary to achieve territory sales objectives
- Create and/or implement custom in-field promotional programs for targeted regional customers and decision maker
- Establish and control territory operating budget
- Provide surgical procedure and technical product support in surgery as well as ongoing customer service in accordance with company policy
- Support the development of in-field training programs for regional centers of excellence and develop a close working relationship with the course director and facility
- Plan and conduct educational programs at regional institutions for customer training and provide classroom or in-field training to new hires as needed.
- Provide feedback on product performance, competition, products, marketing practices and customer satisfaction. Submit special reports regarding operation of the territory, product acceptance, and specifications, or competitive activity.
- Attend all corporate training, sales meetings, conventions, and in-field development courses
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Managerial sales/marketing experience
- Experience in capital equipment and/or medical instrument sales, a plus. Operating room experience and demonstrated ability to work with surgeons is desirable
- Ability to develop a market, based on a new product/technology and surgical procedures
- Familiarity with clinical and economic outcome data, reimbursement, and managed care policies and procedures
- Experience in developing and establishing professional education training courses for surgeons and nursing staff
- B.A/B.S from an accredited university preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated successful sales experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, and other popular business software desirable
- Since this position requires extensive driving during the workday, a valid driving license and satisfactory driving record, as well as a serviceable vehicle available for work use is mandatory. The position requires traveling to regional accounts and medical conventions which may necessitate overnight stays.
- The position requires lifting of an approximately 25 pound piece of equipment.