Heraeus, the technology group headquartered in Hanau, Germany, is a leading international family-owned company formed in 1851. We create high-quality solutions for our customers and strengthen their long-term competitiveness by combining material expertise with technological know-how. Our ideas are focused on important issues such as the environment, energy, health, mobility and industrial applications. In the 2016 financialyear, Heraeus generated a total revenue of €21.5 bn. Our promise to about 13,000 employees in 40 countries is to enable them to develop their own ideas and to drive them forward.
Your role and responsibilities
- Job Summary - The primary responsibility of this position is to sell medical products, equipment, and services to hospitals, health systems, doctors' offices, and clinics.
- Grow the marketshare of HME products in the defined geographic area and sales beyond quota amount.
- Develop relationships with decision makers (clinical, technical and economic) in geographic area
- Cold call and visit prospects on location.
- Set appointments with hospital staff and administrators.
- Manage all leads and customers within a defined territory.
- Keep CRM software updated with appropriate information.
- Educate medical staff on the use and benefits of medical devices.
- Provide product demonstrations and support.
- Ensure smooth ordering at all accounts (new and existing).
- Maximize account penetration by selling all products in portfolio.
- Communicate between sales, marketing, and support teams to improve customer experience.
- Collect, analyze, and present field sales data and to assist with strategy planning and implementation.
What is required for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Biology preferred) and a minimum 4 years of experience in the medical industry required.
- Strong sales background with demonstrated performance record; ability to learn medical device product platform.
- Self-starter, independent sales management skills.
- Direct sales training and experience in medical device industry preferred.
- Travel up to 80% expected.