Job Description Summary
Title: Territory Manager, Acute Pain
Region: Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Regional Business Leader, the Territory Manager is responsible for achieving a sales quota through the selling of Halyard Health Acute Pain products and product solutions within assigned facilities and departments in a defined territory.
Responsibilities (fundamental job duties):
- Achieve sales goals set by Regional Business Leader and Senior Management
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Acute Pain products and services, inclusive of successful completion of new hire training and competency assessments
- Demonstrate the ability to sell a concept versus a tangible product
- Ensure customers are trained on the safety and the efficacy of products in the portfolio
- Demonstrate effective use of all approved clinical data/studies and key placement guides
- Understand market trends and analyze customer buying patterns (Market Awareness)
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of competitor’s position in marketplace and implement selling strategies to combat them effectively
- Understand impact of healthcare economic developments on customer decision-making, including HCAHP scores
- Take full responsibility for being up-to-date on:Develop and maintain relationships with key physicians, nurses, clinicians, department decision makers and/or administrators (multiple decision makers and influencers) within assigned accounts or markets
- Developmental goals, sales territory objectives and administrative requirements
- Sales compensation plan and knowledge around analytics/reporting
- Monthly sales forecasting
- Corporate compliance around expense management
- Healthcare Compliance
- Quality and Regulatory rules and guidelines that apply to customer complaints
- Standard rules and training around the code of conduct for all Halyard employees
- Necessary hospital credentialing that may be required for access
- Field inventory reconciliation
- Complete Territory Business Plan in Salesforce.com and review with manager on a monthly basis
- Spend at least 4.5 days in the field calling on customers
Regional Business Leader
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of demonstrated success in surgical medical device sales or medical sales experience calling primarily onsurgeons
- Experience working with PC based applications (Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
Other Required Skills and Qualities:
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Access to hospitals and specific departments in geographic territory.
• 5 years of Surgical Medical Device Sales Experience Preferred
• Prefer candidate to be in the Top 10% of Sales Force
- Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Nurses/CRNAs, Physical Therapy, Residents, Physician’s Assistants, O.R. Technicians, Materials Managers, Procurement Directors, Pharmacy, and Hospital Administration including the CFO, CMO, CNO and CEO