This position will have leadership responsibility combined with direct customer sales responsibilities. Seek to enhance staff accomplishments by answering technical questions for less experienced team members, teaching improved processes and mentoring team members. Maintain relationships with customers while researching and recommending solutions that will create customer value.
- Solicit, maintain and increase business in assigned active Green Bay Packaging Inc. accounts.
- Strategize, seek out, and sell new prospective accounts for Green Bay Packaging Inc.
- Develop profitable sales from key/complex accounts by consulting strategic needs and providing tailored business solutions which enhance their competitiveness.
- Mentor and train new sales representatives, sales interns and sales account coordinator. Answer technical questions, review processes and share best practices.
- Maintain relationships with customers while researching and recommending solutions that will create customer value. Implements aged inventory reviews, cost savings initiatives and team selling.
- Builds internal relationships and supports divisional goals. Communicates at a high level. Lead/participate in meetings to strategize plans that better meet customer's needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training, reviewing professional publications, being familiar with industry associations, and establishing a professional network.
- Exhibits strong analytical skills. Uses internal reporting and other programs like CRM, Power BI, etc.
- Assist and support Divisional Sales Manager.
DIRECT SALES FUNCTIONS
- Meet financial goals: Sales dollars, volume, profit as defined by manager.
- Responsible for managing sales volume with existing customers while emphasizing volume growth and profitability of territory through new customers.
- Develop and implement account strategies with differentiated value propositions and define competitive responses to GBP's strategy that satisfies client's strategic needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of customer's organization, processes, supplier and end user linkages through consultative selling.
- Understand and communicate strategic products. Orchestrate company resources and possibly facilitate multilevel and cross-business efforts.
- Travel to customers location and determine product offerings/solutions to meet their needs and grow profitable business volume with them.
- Prospecting potential customers by telephone, visiting their facility, or meeting on their plant floor to discuss opportunities that may lead to profitable new account business.
- Handle customer complaints, credit problems, and deal with sample work issues in a diplomatic manner that leads to win/win solutions.
- Entertainment of customers during and after normal work hours.
- Completing general paperwork and other computer work associated with the sale of product
- Problem solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly. Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Has broad knowledge and perspective. Is future oriented. Can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods. Can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Deal with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change. Can shift gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Isn't upset when things are up in the air. Doesn't have to finish things before moving on. Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Standing Alone: Will stand up and be counted. Doesn't shirk personal responsibility. Can be counted on when times are tough. Willing to be the only champion for an idea or position. Is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and managers. Is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics. Commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation. Can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations work. Knows how to work to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures. Understands the culture of the organization.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Knows how to organize people and activities. Understands how to separate and combine tasks into effective workflow. Knows what to measure and how to measure it. Can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others cannot. Can simplify complex processes. Gets more out of fewer resources.
Must be able to manage multiple people/tasks and prioritize activities between managing leadership responsibility and direct sales. Prior responsibility for managing accounts dealing with millions of dollars of business. Requires strong organization, motivation and coaching skills. Must be an ambassador to handle many different types of people. Needs to be able to handle multiple projects at one time. Strong knowledge of the corrugated or paper markets is a must. Must be able to stay focused on the department strategic plans and execute them within one's territory.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Education: BS degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or related fields.
- Experience: 5-10 years experience direct selling within the paper or corrugated industries.
- Computer Skills: Strong PC skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Corrugated mainframe systems (e.g. KIWI, Amcore, etc.).
- Other Requirements: Position requires the Territory Manager to present a good image to our customers and prospective customers as they are the frontline image of the organization.
- Travel: 95 percent of the time