If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for managing the growing of product sales and market share with assigned accounts within an assigned territory. Develops and maintains large contractor accounts and reports on market opportunities and developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes sales to achieve corporate goals, objectives, and action plans. Seeks new customer opportunities and maintains current customer relationships. Provides highly technical, effective sales presentations.
- Provides customer service as necessary through warranty service, training, open houses, product application and sizing, and informing customers of product changes.
- Coordinates and attends tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars.
- Achieves continual sales and profit growth within the assigned territory.
- Establishes new relationships to earn customers' equipment specifications.
- Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
- Researches and reports competitive threats and provides recommendations on how to respond.
- Provides input to assist in steering product development to the marketplace and toward customers' needs and opportunities.
- Provides short- and long-term product forecasts to meet sales objectives.
- Contracts with independent representatives to achieve sales goals.
- Works with product teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability. Provides feedback to product managers in order to meet customer needs.
- Works with the marketing team to ensure marketing such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
- Inputs relevant information into the CRM software to track progress, including written reports concerning dealer, distributor, end user, and competitor information.
- Promotes maximum participation in the contractor program.
- Monitors and maintains sales goals and expenses.
- Develops and manages the distribution footprint and personnel to achieve sales goals.
- Administers the warranty approval process with the goal of improving warranty rates while maintaining fair evaluation of products submitted for warranty.
- Works closely with distributor branches on the management of sales, service, and warranties.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, business management, engineeringtechnology, or a related field (preferred).
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in sales, marketing, product management, or a related field (required).
- Intermediate: Microsoft Office suite, CRM.
Certificates and Licenses
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.