Not Specified years
Posted 215 days ago
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Fueling Systems, the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Develops, oversees and maintains direct distributor network servicing all customer channels, including major oil dealers, wholesale and retail petroleum marketers, independent c-store operators, installation and service providers, and specifying engineers. Reports on market opportunities and developments. Requires 60-75% travel within the Territory via company-provided car and air.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Achieves continual sales and profit growth to achieve corporate goals, objectives, and action plans by meeting or exceeding assigned quotas. Monitors and maintains sales goals and keeps expenses within budget.
* Develops, trains and assists distributor representatives to achieve sales goals.
* Seeks new customer opportunities and maintains current customer relationships. Establishes new relationships to earn customers' equipment specifications, while maintaining those specifications for existing customers.
* Provides customer service in support of sales via professional written and telephone correspondence, routine on-premise sales calls to customers' office and field locations, product sales training, product application assistance, dispute resolution, and ongoing product education via highly technical, effective sales presentations.
* Coordinates, attends, presents and exhibits at tradeshows, state and regional regulatory conferences, customer open houses, distributor sales meetings, live and recorded webinars, and engineering seminars.
* Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
* Researches and reports competitive threats and recommends responses.
* Provides input to assist product development teams in growing sales and profitability while addressing customers' needs and opportunities.
* Provides short- and long-term product forecasts to meet sales objectives.
* Works with marketing team to ensure materials such as online and print media, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meet customer needs.
* Promotes maximum participation in the FFS PRO collection of offerings from all customer channels.
* Works closely with distributor branches on the management of sales, purchasing, service, and warranties.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
* Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
* Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the public, and other employees of the organization.
* Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
* Reads and understands documents such as contracts, construction drawings, equipment schedules, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Writes routine reports and correspondence.
* Maintains relevant electronic files and messages to track progress, including written reports regarding all customer activities, and competitor information.
* Utilizes common-sense understanding to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
* Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
* Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
* Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
* Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in business, business management, engineering technology, construction management, or a related field (required).
* Five to seven years of relevant experience in sales, marketing, product management, or a related field (preferred).
* PC-literate computer skills to intermediate aptitude level: Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat.
Certificates and Licenses
* Valid driver's license.
* While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
o Regularly required to sit and to talk or hear.
o Safely operate company-provided vehicle.
o Frequently required to travel long distances via car and airplane; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to reach with hands and arms.
o Occasionally required to stand or walk, climb or balance.
o Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
o The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
* This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.