With the guidance of the Region Sales Manager, the Formica Territory Manager assumes full responsibility for Distributor and Direct sales including all products in the Formica portfolio. Formica brand products and services. The ultimate goal with each account/branch assigned to the TM will be to establish a consultative relationship targeted towards mutual share growth and profitability. The foundation of that relationship should be based on Integrity, Trust, and Credibility. Territory Managers must have a genuine concern about their customer’s well-being and success, balanced with Formica’s well-being and success.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Formica TM must be skilled in a multitude of functions, which are detailed below.
The magnitude of importance of each function will change depending on the specific needs of individual accounts or depending on Company needs within individual markets. As such, the Territory Manager is required to maintain the highest level of competence in each area of responsibility.
Territory Manager General Duties
- Maintains direct personal contact with all assigned accounts and captures contacts, activities, plans, and strategies into Salesforce.
- Actively owns the relationship development and conflict resolution in territory.
- Utilizes a pre-call planning and post call follow up approach to customer activity, documenting in Salesforce.
- Leads the product sale and promotion through both the Formica Corporation Distribution network, as well as OEM accounts.
- Able to seamlessly work with different levels of distribution, including but not limited to, Region Managers, Branch Managers, Principals, and Specification Reps.
- Works intimately with their partner Formica Specification Reps to ensure specifications flow and ultimately are successfully closed.
- Identify and capture selling opportunities within their area of influence.
- Identifies and understands competitive landscape, inclusive of product and distribution and actively shares these findings appropriately.
- Advances Formica’s position in the market through active market presence, share growth initiatives, and motivating distribution Outside Sales Reps.
Sales and Marketing
- Manager will develop and implement an annual channel sales plan to achieve overall and category specific growth for all assigned areas.
- TM will also accurately prepare monthly demand forecasts as well as structured and ad hoc market reports.
- Collaborate with the specifications sales organization and distributor base in project tracking activities as well as participation in trade relevant shows and events.
- This position also incorporates actively maintaining a training regimen for the distributor base on product knowledge, launches, sales process development, and systems management.
- Effectively presents Formica programs and products and is able to overcome barriers to close sales.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide solutions to customer needs in a win-win fashion.
- Must be able to present a value proposition and overcome price discussion/negotiation.
- Is aware of all merchandising support materials and programs available from Formica.
- Balances internal relationships with external customer demands.
- Tracks performance numerically and ultimately delivers on the Territory sales plan monthly, quarterly, and annually.
Requirements include: Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a focus in Business or engineering preferred, knowledge of the strategic selling process and bidding phases, sales negotiation skills, demonstrated customer aptitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years related sales experience. Overnight travel, a minimum of 10 business days per month as well as daily travel up to 50% required.