Territory Manager for Machining Tools Company
As a Territory Manager you are responsible for growing consumable sales and gross margins in your assigned territory. Consumable products are defined as cutting tools, precision measuring instruments, band saw blades, hand and engineering products, machine accessories, coolant and abrasives. Your days will be occupied by working with our existing Customer?s and prospecting for new ones. You will also promote the client as a leading player in Tool Room Management systems where we partner with our Customer?s by managing their tooling in either cabinets or automated vending machines.
- Achieve/exceed annual target set for product groups.
Plan your days so you can spend an average of four hours in front of a customer face-to-face selling/problem solving.
- Constantly re-evaluate call cycles to ensure you are maximizing penetration at all customers.
- Follow up on all sales leads within five business days. Resolve customer complaints and warranty problems.
- Forge strong ties with our supplier/manufacturer representatives as they are the experts in the products that they represent.
- As a TM you have 100% responsibility for your Customers.
- Ensure quotations are presented in a neat and professional manner complete with literature and back up documentation where required.
- Work towards having your Customers consider you to be their FIRST CALL and ultimately their single source for all of their metal removal needs.
You must have strong communication and relationship building skills. Be trustworthy, reliable, confident, organized and display an outgoing personality. To offer solutions you must possess strong knowledge on the products we represent or a desire to learn about them. You have to be computer savvy so our CRM tool is second nature to you.
Five years sales experience in industrial sales will serve you well. Having worked directly in the machining industry would be an asset. A cleandriver?s license and presentable/reliable vehicle will be required to get you to where you need to go.