The Territory Manager is responsible for achieving or exceeding sales and service goals mainly in dental clinics and/or dental laboratories within an assigned territory, through the effective selling and promoting of Nobel Biocare products, solutions and services to existing and potential new customers within the framework of organizational policies and directives.
- Develop and implement a sales plan for existing and new customers, access their needs and characteristics. Present appropriate, products, solutions and services.
- Analyze and assess customer and territory sales trends. Plan sales activity based on territory needs to ensure that territory attains or exceeds assigned monthly, quarterly and/or annual sales goals.
- Maintain regular contact with existing customers to strengthen relationships and ensure satisfaction with products, solutions and services offered; implement and monitor creative marketing activities aimed at expanding/growing core business.
- Identify and maintain regular contact with prospective customers; develop and implement creative strategies aimed at converting these prospective customers from competition to a new customer.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influential thought leaders. Utilize these relationships to expand market share.
- Develop and maintain accurate customer files and records in order to have complete up-to-date customer information, which can be shared among the (local) organization.
- Report to the management about any product issues, loss or potential loss of key customers, or competitive sales strategies that negatively or positively affect local sales.
- Study and stay informed on products, technologies, clinical studies, competitive activity, and other general information of interest to company or to customers. Apply this knowledge for your strategies and tactics to develop your commercial activity.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all company policies and procedures and demonstrate the ability to effectively implement them at the territory level.
- Establish and maintain a travel schedule that will allow consistent contact with existing and potential customers. Schedule must follow sales plan and logical routing plan.
- Manage assigned geographical territory within allocated expense budget.
- Complete all administrative paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participate in (inter-)national and local trade shows and company meetings as appropriate. Support Yorba Linda established educational programs when territory customers are attending. Yorba Linda education managers will communicate with representatives when they are needed.
- 3+ years of achievement-oriented sales experience with Nobel Biocare or equivalent experience with direct competition or a minimum of 4 years in achievement oriented sales, preferably in the medical device field.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- Eligibility to drive a company car is an essential function of the position offered.
- Demonstrated ability to digest, to comprehend, and verbalize highly technical product and clinical information related to company and industry products.
- Demonstrated professional sales skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills.