Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $14 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 44,000 customer locations across the United States and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
As the Territory Manager your goal is to achieve the business plan, assigned for your geography, through direct interface with convenience store customers. Your role is to represent Core-Mark as a business professional and top level sales person, capable of analyzing opportunities within the C-Store environment, to develop and implement effective strategies that will yield sustainable growth of sales and profit for Core-Mark and our retail partners.
You will manage a team of Sales Development Reps and/or Merchandisers, orchestrating cross- functional teams who effectively execute on the key company initiatives and account specific strategies. You are expected to operate with honesty and integrity, representing Core-Mark positively, while delivering results in line with Company standards. Market share growth is a primary responsibility of your position, through new account solicitation, acquisition, and effective use of the CRM tool.
Working in tandem with the team, you will be responsible for driving positive results in all business related activity for customers, employees, and Core-Mark.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding sales plan with targeted gross margins.
- Growing territory market share through account solicitation.
- Strategic categorysales growth (FMI, VCI, Fresh and Local, Smart Stock, etc.).
- Educating customers on category management trends and opportunities.
- Business reviews and long term growth strategy.
- Building and developing customer profiles for specific account pricing strategies.
- Preparing annual sales forecast working with General Sales Manager.
- Active participation and involvement with sales meetings, conferences and trade shows.
- Works with Credit Department to assist with high-risk accounts.
- Works with team members to ensure all administrative roles are being handled properly.(A/R, order writing, returns, FMI implementation etc.)
- Execution of Focused Marketing Initiative (FMI) (survey, recommendation, implementation oversight, acceptance rates)
- Achievement of goals for Corporate Marketing Programs.
- Build “partner” business relationship with all accounts in assigned territory.
- Manage and train direct reports to ensure all job objectives are met and HR policies are adhered to.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS or BA in a business discipline or related field experience.
- Five (5) years of salesexperience and account management.Convenience or retailsalesexperiencepreferred.
- Experience managing a team, including training and motivating others to achieve.
- Excellent customer and communication skills, including group presentation.
- Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent knowledge of convenience industry.
- Reliable vehicle, current auto insurance and valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Strong relationship building, networking, and prospecting skills.
- Effective strategic thinking and execution skills.
- Ability to travel that may include occasional overnight stays.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, or sit (or combination of) for up to 10 hours or more.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle at all times of the day and evening.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle objects; reach with hands and arms.
Job Reference ID: REF1200U