- Construct detailed Sales outline for assigned territory, as well as, develop a comprehensive Sales Plan for independent agencies, with specific emphasis on production and profitability and be able to communicate areas of emphasis/improvement to agency principals, managers, agents, and producers to maximize effectiveness of Acuity products.
- Present Continuing Education seminars ranging from topics such as Additional Insureds, Claims, Commercial Lines, Contractors, Manufacturing, Personal Lines, Trucking and Acuity U videos.
- Present for appointment those agencies who have ability to produce profitable volume and fit the profile of professional Acuity agents; in addition, continually review agencies for improvement or potential termination due to volume, unprofitable production, or lack of sustained viability of the Acuity contract.
- Identify and train new agents/CSR's on Acuity products and services.
- Coordinate agency events for CSR or Agency Reward Luncheons, and general Agent Appreciation Events.
- Oversee and coordinate 'Breakfast Club' meetings for Acuity field personnel.
- Actively be involved in face-to-face opportunities with policyholders or prospects. Also, represent Acuity Sales at potential agent conventions or business segment conventions/conferences.
- Seek Personal Lines and Commercial Lines book roll opportunities with assigned agency force.
- Complete a comprehensive Sales Report twice a year for internal and external Acuity personnel.
- Study competitiveness of carriers and affiliated agencies in each city, county, and state to determine adequate market share.
- Identify programs and obtain product information from other carriers, as needed, to determine competitive advantages and disadvantages of Acuity.
- Personally handle and communicate problems that may be presented by the agency with various departments at the Home Office.
- Attend the annual Underwriting & Sales Workships and regularly scheduled conference calls along with other training webinars.
- Handle Accounting issues, if required, on a monthly basis to verify past due balances and determine appropriate action to be taken.
- Coordinate Underwriter agency visists to better improve efficiency and relationship between the agency and Underwriting.
- Prepare, in advance, weekly itinerary for agency visits to address production, loss ratio, submission quality and activity, and any other general agency issues or concerns.
- Actively pursue any insurance-related designations that might further enhance your ability to perform in the Territory Director capacity, including, but not limited to: CIC, CPCU, CRM, AU, etc.
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel recommended.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university
Five years of insurance, of which three years were served in the field and/or served in a Personal Lines or Commercial Lines Underwriting capacity
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable in wide range of Property/Casualty products
- Willing to travel and capable of working long hours; as needed (including possible extended overnight stays)
- Strong working background of Independent Agent System