Territory Business Manager – Washington DC
We are looking for a seasoned Territory Business Manager responsible for sales activities including generating demand for our Hematology portfolio primarily with clinicians treating patients with Hemophilia and new account development and/or expanding existing accounts in the non-acute segment within an established geographic territory. Analyze and interpret data for developing and executing effective sales strategies, identify and develop KOLs, collaborate with Specialty Pharmacies, develop and maintain disease state expertise, effective resource utilization, and ability to manage in a sophisticated business model influencing a diverse set of stakeholders in multiple sites of care. Shares job expertise and provides guidance to other sales reps.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of demonstrated successful relevant healthcare sales experience in managing and being accountable for own territory. Ideal candidate possesses experience in pharmaceutical sales including working with payor and/or reimbursement situations, and managing a large geography with diverse customer types.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Position requires ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies.
- Travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel.
- Must have good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to understand and adapt to customers’ changing needs.
- Demonstrates business acumen and strong knowledge of sales processes.
- New product launch success
- Working knowledge of accounts in a territory and relationships with HCP
- Trustworthy and demonstrated Integrity
- Results Driven – a track record of results and compliance throughout the career.
- Works well in a team and an independent learner.
- Demonstrated an ability to handle change successfully.
- Demonstrated EQ.
- Mastery of the selling process.
Builds a Collaborative Culture:
Builds and models a culture of questioning and constructive challenge and collaboration to foster openness and candid dialogue among the BUs and regions and other decision making bodies. Listens to and carefully considers other’s perspectives, especially to manage and resolve conflict.
Leads with Strategic Agility:
Develops bold strategic plans and crafts pragmatic solutions to implement them. Moves easily between addressing current needs and planning for the future with informed insight. Considers marketplace and economic forces and trends and how it affects our business.
Clearly communicates the need for change. Decides and acts, even when faced with uncertainty. Quickly focuses on the critical issues while prioritizing current work.
Develops Organizational Capability:
Builds and improves effective internal systems and processes that align with organizational priorities, while inspires passion or growth and change in Shire’s people. Builds and fosters effective teams in a global matrix organization. Considers and addresses business and development needs both locally and globally.
Generates breakthrough solutions, and enables others to do the same. Draws on unexpected or seemingly unrelated ways of thinking. Incorporates stakeholder feedback to improve the business.
Req ID: R0021455