Territory Business Manager - Gulf Coast
8 - 10 years experience •
To solicit sales of kitchen and bath cabinets on a day-to-day basis in an effort to meet and/or exceed sales targets.
- Perform territory and account evaluations using web-based platforms
- New business development planning and execution
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for specified territory to increase revenue and profitability of the sale.
- Develop business relationships to promote Kitchen and Bath Dealer and Distributor sales
- Preserve and improve client orders by performing regular client visits withan emphasis on training of sales/design personnel on American Woodmark product/policies
- Manage and consult clients on development of joint business initiatives
- Development of time management and priority selling skills is essential for improvement of productivity and territory management
- Drive market share in existing dealer and distributor accounts while consistently evaluating territory growth opportunities through new dealers and distributors
- Work with existing dealer and distributor base to grow their overall revenue ultimately growing American Woodmark revenue simultaneously through a partner relationship
- Identify and leverage local marketing and networking opportunities involving targeted dealers and distributors to maximize revenue
- Determine market size, target accounts and territory capacity
- Establish new accounts in targeted geographic locations
- Develop sales and marketing business plans for all accounts
- Increase sales at targeted margins at existing accounts
- Manage territory account base and strategically eliminate non-performing accounts as necessary
- Maintain proper expense ratios
- Maintain high quality business relationships with customers
- Achievement of sales, expense, & transactional quality goals
- Execute marketing programs and promotions
- Participation in local K&B Professional Networking Associations
- Follow AWC policies and procedures in performing responsibilities of job
- Maintain and promote a team spirit among all AWC personnel
- Identify and present large project opportunities to management leveraging relationships to be the vendor of choice asking for these opportunities
- Consistently meet or exceed stated goal metrics for account acquisitions and revenue as determined by sales management annually
- Train and mentor new sales personnel as needed
- Sit on cross-functional teams within AWC as needed (QMS plant teams, logistics meetings, etc.)
- Provide detailed competitive information as requested by management
This job typically has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business or related field or comparable professional experience
- Proven track record with 7 or more years of successful new business development and account management experience in the Kitchen and Bath Cabinet Industry
- Proven history of successful territory management with American Woodmark
- Proven history of kitchen design skills with multiple brands in the Kitchen and Bath Industry
- Ability to utilize 20/20 software proficiently to design and price projects
- Advanced knowledge of web-based search engine utilization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft windows based applications
- High levels of strategic thinking
- Drive, determination, and discipline of a self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to be persuasive
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- The energy and focus to be goals and results oriented
- Excellent organization skills.
- Must have valid license and no record of previous suspensions/revocations within the last 3 years
- Cannot have any vehicular offenses that resulted in a criminal conviction or more than 3 moving violations in the last year
- Advanced 2020 skills including extensive knowledge of the American Woodmark catalog and it's place in the market
- Proven track record of success with territory development having shown ability to exceed sales goals and drive revenue over an extended timeperiod
- Understanding of AWC policies and procedures with a proven ability tomanage day-to-day business within the company guidelines
- Understanding and knowledge of current territory including competition, potential dealers and distributors, local K&B organizations and groups, etc.
- Working knowledge of iPad and Apple devices and programs
- Working knowledge of Lead Tracker and InTouch
Ability to read, and interpret common business documents including technical reports, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, members of the business community and public.