Represent Dexcom, Inc. products to health care professionals and people with diabetes in assigned sales territories; close sales leads and process orders to achieve monthly sales plan. May be required to train patients on the use of Dexcom Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convert physicians, diabetes education nurses and other health care professionals to prescribe Dexcom products to their patients.
- Train health care professionals in how to use Dexcom, Inc. products and integrate them into their diabetes practice.
- Represent Dexcom at local, regional and national trade shows and diabetes exhibits to promote Dexcom products to the diabetes community.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate sales records to measure the progress in converting target health care professionals to active promoters and prescribers of Dexcom, inc. products.
- Complete all administrative requirements in a timely fashion as directed by management.
- Extensive local travel and up to 40% overnight travel.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work requires significant local and overnight travel to current and potential clients.
- Requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and/or evening work.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required
- Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 medical and/or pharma sales experience with a track record of high sales success with a Bachelor’s; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Previous outside sales experiencepreferred. Inside sales may be considered.