The Territory Business Manager (TBM) is responsible for the brand success in a defined territory, including revenues from all channels of distribution (DTC and wholesale), successful in-region brand marketing and consumer engagement that positions Burton and anon as premium brands, and financial accountability to contribution margin targets. The TBM is directly responsible for a field team to activate within the territory and works in collaboration with the Americas DTC Director to drive the success of Burton stores and eCommerce in the region.
The TBM works under the guidance and direction of various Burton global shared services divisions such as Global Marketing, Global Resorts, Global Digital Wholesale, Global DTC, Global anon Business, and others as appropriate. The TBM works in alignment with other Americas TBMs to ensure consistent brand presentation and tactics across the Americas.
What You Get To Do:
- Formulate, implement and execute sales and marketing strategy for the territory in line with the Burton trail map, global shared services guidance and with focus on brand success with the consumer.
- Develop and implement aligned growth plan for channel/categorydistribution including wholesale accounts, key accounts, resorts, Burton stores (DTC and partner), outlet stores and eCommerce (DTC and wholesale).
- Propose and co-develop a consumer and dealer marketing plan for the territory with the Sr. Americas Marketing Manager in alignment with Global Marketing direction that leads with DTC and optimizes the consumer experience with the brand.
- Manage and assure a perfect execution at the local level focusing on premium brand experiences at point of sale.
- Coordinate and communicate plans with all relevant internal Americas departments (in particular with Sales Ops, Finance, Marketing, DTC Ops) and maintain adequate flow of information to team and global shared services divisions.
- Manage sustainable relationships with key field clients, understand their business model and develop win-win solutions.
- Establish appropriate contract and document management for accounts including internal filing.
- Present the lines and lead education programs (clinics) to sales team and key customers.
- Provide outstanding people management, recruitment, motivation, training and development of the field team, including area managers, key account managers, field marketing reps, seasonal support, and analysts.
- Take responsibility for revenue goals, sales forecasts, sales targets, gross margins (including all allowances, discounts, returns and programs), territory G&A expenses and contribution margin, and track results accordingly.
- Keep abreast of best practices, trends and innovative sales and consumer engagement approaches.
- Operate showrooms, line showings, presentations and other showroom events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or equivalent education and experience.
- Proven leader with a minimum of 7 years of sales experience (with profit responsibility) in sporting goods and apparel business including a minimum of 3 years of experience in a managing role with territory responsibility.
- Proven track record of successful people management, strategy development, implementation and successful execution, marketing skill and analytic/financial skill.
- Convincing and charismatic personality with an open mind, and the ability to listen, to convince, and to shape opinions.
- Team player with key personal characteristics of loyalty, reliability, flexibility, trustworthiness, and precision.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to deal with multiple issues.
- Ability to deliver according to goals even when working under constant pressure.
- Ability to deliver quality, engaging presentations and to represent the company with solid verbal and written skills.
- Extensive skills with standard office software applications and Internet.
- Extensive in-territory travelrequired plus additional travel to Burton HQ and other locations if required.