Reporting to a District Business Leader, the Territory Business Manager (TBM) will be responsible for maximizing sales of ARISTADA. This will be done by having thorough product, disease state, and market knowledge as well as well-honed, consultative selling skills. He/she will utilize available resources to help educate and influence healthcare providers and all treatment team members. He/ she will be well organized and will use his/ her analytical ability to determine targets. This position offers potential for career development, and a competitive compensation package including stock options.
- Establish relationships with key accounts, discover their needs, present offerings in an approach tailored to the customer’s specific practice needs, and negotiate and achieve closure.
- Develop a plan to appropriately address hospital and physician’s needs based upon their knowledge of the practice. He/ she willeffectively use territory planning and account management to maximize service provided to the physician.
- Work with an emphasis on accountable-care meaning that the TBMs will extend the product value beyond the institution and into the home. The TBM will effectively close the loop and follow the patients from institution or outpatient center to home. He/ she will concentrate on all of the treatment team members.
- Demonstrate a strong clinical understanding of all aspects of Alkermes products, related disease states, and competitive products inthe marketplace.
- Effectively utilize all available resources and programs.
- Develop business plans as required by the DBL and will perform all administrative tasks requested in a timely and accurate manner.
- Exercise fiscal control of operational expenses.
- Demonstrate an ability to work productively with individuals in related positions throughout the organization including but not limited to other TBMs, DBLs, SRDs, Marketing, and Key Accounts.
- Abide by all Alkermes policies and regulations regarding all aspects of compliance.
- 5+ year’s successful pharmaceutical/biotech sales experience with 3 years in specialty pharmaceuticals.
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Schizophrenia, mental health, or CNS salesexperience preferred.
- Institutional/ hospital salesexperience a plus.
- Injectable experience a plus.
- Launch experience a plus.
- Specialty pharmacy and reimbursement experience preferred.
- Strong clinical/ scientific knowledge and acumen.
- Superior organizational, administrative, analytical, strategic, and influencing skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Responsible and compliant.
- Dedicated to excellence in patient care.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Driver's license must be in good standing.