Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and well-being of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionalswith accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, women’s health, and virology.
Join the best diagnostic sales team around! Quidel's Account Managers are responsible for territory management and sales of all Quidel products to the hospital and / or large physician office lab (POL) market within assignedgeographic territory. The Account Manager grows existing accounts and develops new accounts in order to meet revenue and profitability goals. Owns the customer relationship, creates value for customers beyond features and price, and delivers solutions that meet customer needs.
- Grows existing accounts and develops new accounts in order to meet territory revenue and profitability goals.
- Effectively manages sales pipeline from leadacquisition to contract signing by focusing and advancing customers through the sales process
- Strategizes plans and organizes territory for profitability.
- Manages plans that are strategically focused, including account profiles, sales opportunity assessments, account objectives and strategies, action plans, and value assessments
- Utilizes Cognos to secure territory intelligence and develop a strategy; Uses the CRM to record current accurate and complete account activity, and account and contact information
- Works effectively with functional groups to design appropriate deals; provides information regarding customer contacts, needs and preferences
- Builds productive and strong collaborative relationships with distribution partners to drive sales revenue and profitability
- Provides or facilitates training on Quidel products tocustomers and distributor representatives as required.
- Proactively conveys timely information to the Regional Sales Director, Specialty Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations, and others to provide market intelligence, customer information, events, changes, and trends to maximize sales, revenue, and marketing opportunities.
- Makes sound fiscal decisions and assures maximumreturn on investment for all expenditures
- Represents Quidel at trade shows and professional meetings
- Models exemplary company values and complies withQuidel goals and values
- Demonstrates a positive attitude during company functions and public events, encourages team camaraderie and enthusiasm
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Maintains a high degree of personal ethics and professionalism while interacting with customers, distributors, vendors and co-workers.
Requirements: EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years sales experience, preferably in the medical device/diagnostic market.
- Experience with distributor sales, hospital sales, and/or national accounts preferred
- Must have the ability to fully and independently manage assigned territory to achieve maximum sales revenue and profitability.
- Proven record of accomplishment with demonstrated ability to successfully manage a territory.
- Ability to manage territory and manage a favorable ROI on programs and expense budgets
- Ability to analyze financial data.
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong sales presentation and negotiation skills
- Solid communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously, and at the same timepromote and facilitate a team effort.
- High degree of ethics and professionalism while interacting with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to think strategically and bring a high level of creativity to the organization.
- Ability to uphold and support individual and company values.
- A positive attitude demonstrated during company functions and public events to encourage team camaraderie and enthusiasm for growth in market share and revenue.