Territory Account Executive - Chicago
ABOUT THE JOB
Software AG is looking for ambitious and confident Territory Account Executive. The Territory Account Executive is responsible for using a consultative solution selling approach to grow and develop Software AG’s business in a given territory or account base (geography, set of industries, or combination thereof). The Territory Account Executive focuses on a set of 20-30 assignedaccounts that she/he proactively covers to generate new opportunities and license revenue. She/he effectively covers other accounts in his/her area by building and coordinating partner relationships, as well as leveraging demand generation activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Territory Account Executive is part of a virtual sales team along with other Software AG lines of business and is responsible for selling the entire Software AG solutions portfolio in her/his territory. Achieve/exceed quarterly and yearly revenue targets using approved SAG business planning, account management, opportunity management, and monitoring processes tools. Drive and penetrate new accounts and meet with stakeholders (C level) within accounts selling large-scale collaboration solutions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and familiarity with internet technologies.
- Basic understanding of BPMS, SOA, B2B and EAI Technology and marketplace.
- Other languages may be an advantage.
Professional Experience in year(s): 5
- Create constructive tension and challenge the customer with their knowledge of customer & industry insight.
- Teach customers insights & tailor solutions to challenge their approach to key corporate priorities and create a value proposition.
- Take control of the sales process rather than simply following the customer’s process.
- Build key management relationships with focus on new opportunities, customer success and satisfaction, resulting in referenceable accounts and positive brand/company awareness.
- Identify stakeholders and sponsors and customer references.
- Manage complex sales cycles, utilizing internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Engage with cross-functional resources to drive Software AG Sales.
- Maintain basic understanding of BPMS, SOA, B2B and EAI Technology and marketplace.
- Develop new solutions and supports others in solving complex problems in the salesprocess.
- Use structured and methodical approaches to develop solution.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Prior industry experience selling software based solutions into a specified territory, specifically into targeted new name accounts with deal sizes that range from €50K - €1M+.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Excellent presentation skills and interaction with internal/external customers.
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise sales briefings/meetings.
- Team player and able to take direction from Sales Management.
- Excellent understanding of your industry’s customers’ business, needs, challenges and expectations.
- Demonstrated understanding of market disciplines, competitive landscape and current technologies.
- Shows personal commitment, strong leadership skills and experienced in working in a collaborative environment.
- Should be target and success oriented.
- Ability to drive deal size and is able to carry out detailed ROI analyses.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- Three weeks paid vacation & three weeks paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community service day)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match
- Business Casual office