NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for a hungry, driven, doesn’t-take-no-for-an-answer Territory Account Executive to to join our growing sales team in the Texas area. As the TAE, you will know how to prospect and build pipeline, manage assigned territory, and think outside the box to find new business and achieve quota with new customers. You will also be expected to work closely with territory partners and NGINX marketing to coordinate and host events to expand brand awareness and generate new customers. The TAE understands how to speak and engage with decision makers and to influence strategically. You will be successful in the role by not only finding and closing new business with new logos but by evangelizing and promoting NGINX and continuing the build the pool of customers who use and love our products and what we do.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Promote and sell NGINX‘s products and professional services
- Build a short and long term pipeline that:
- ensures attainment of quarterly revenue goals
- drives improved linearity within the quarter
- drives improved forecast accuracy.
- Pricing and contract negotiation with prospects and customers
- Manage relationships and maintain high levels of customer service
- Coordinate with pre-sales, marketing, and engineering
- Comprehensive and well maintained territory plan that engage all the necessary resources within the company to maximize our opportunity within their assigned territory
- Develop strong trusted advisor and executive level relationships with key SI, SP and VAR partners
- Perform a minimum number of outbound calls daily.
- Field inbound calls and leads from various sources and qualify for business potential
- Conduct a minimum number of online and in-person meetings weekly, monthly and quarterly
- 5 years of experience carrying a quota of $1M Annual Recurring Revenue
- Direct experience selling infrastructure hardware or software to the enterprise
- Outstanding presenter and communicator over the phone and in-person
- Ability to translate complex technology solutions in to business value propositions
- Good understanding of major technology trends and customer initiatives
- Ability to effectively communicate vision, plans, goals and objectives to team members
- Understand the sales process, with acute listening and sales skills
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and concerns to management and support
- Must have an exceptional track record selling complex software solutions
- Must have exceptional experience in building, developing and fostering a solid and extensive VAR network in each territory that is covered. This includes the necessary contacts and skills to recruit the VARs and motivate them to invest significant resources with NGINX
- Ability to interact with all levels or organizations
- Exhibits qualities of cooperation, adaptability and flexibility, maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Verifiable track record of exceeding quotas quarter over quarter and year after year