Description The Terminal Manager is responsible for the overall management of and maximizing utilization of
United Vision’s Independent Owner-Operator fleet, capacity and all related equipment to ensure
flawless execution of services for our customers. This includes customer service, timely, cost effective scheduling and coordination of the pickup and delivery of loads as well as ensuring our owner operator fleet runs safely. Responsible for a leadership team and the overall success of terminal operations through managing P&L for the terminal, safety performance and ensuring standardized processes are followed as well as customer metrics are met.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties include but not limited to the following:
• Recruit new drivers, owners, owner/operators to ensure customer requirements and growth of the terminal
• Recruit new customers to promote the growth and development of the terminal.
• Assist business development and sales in new ventures.
• Look for avenues to promote diversification from our core business.
• Provide driver support / management / motivation
• Manage assigned terminal through motivation and by maintaining Company's and customer's expectations of terminal operations
• Ensure profit level by reducing accounts receivable, negative balances and maintaining revenue levels. Liaison between the drivers and terminal personnel
• Set and ensure terminal revenue and profit annual goals are achieved.
• Ensure safety awareness for terminal personnel including drivers, dispatchers, and administrative personnel by holding safety meetings, investigating incidents, inspecting equipment and ensuring drivers and equipment meet company's and DOT requirements
• Maintain a professional terminal staff and promote a positive attitude among them
• Visit terminal customers to ensure their requirements are met and to resolve any customer issues or service failures in the best interest of the Company.
• Maintain appearance of facility, staff, equipment
• Ensure proper training of new FMs on system, fleet, customers and equipment
• Ensure proper paperwork procedures are followed
• Ensure prompt attention to problems that occur
• Ensure growth of terminal/truck fleet
• BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Must have 5 -7 years experience in the oil industry or dispatching experience of 3 years
• Knowledge types of trucks and ancillary equipment used for transportation
• Must possess excellent oral communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking skills in a time-sensitive work environment
• Must have familiarity and proficiency in the use of personal computers
• Must have quick and accurate keyboarding skills
This person must demonstrate superior decision-making skills in an extremely time-sensitive work environment on behalf of the Company. This person must also demonstrate confidence in making operational judgment calls on matters affecting critical customer service issues. This person must also possess strong organizational skills for prioritizing workload. No extraordinary physical requirements; work is primarily performed in an indoor, non-hazardous environment.