Terminal Manager, Southern California. Client will not sponsor candidates
This position will manage the internal fleet operations, distribution terminals in their respective area and overall transportation of both internal and external carriers.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Responsible for safety and compliance of all personnel in their respective operation. Ensure that all employees are complying with rules, regulations and standards in accordance with regulatory agencies as well as internal company policies, procedures and standards.
• Responsible for employee training, for regulated transportation requirements, internal requirements, associated function specific and others. This includes tracking training requirements, conducting or coordinating training and proper documentation of all training.
• Manage fleet equipment to ensure that it is maintained, tested, inspected and compliant with all applicable regulations and standards. Coordinate with applicable team members to ensure that testing and inspections are carried out with qualified personnel or vendors, manage documentation as required by regulation.
• Manage fleet driver's safety and operative performance. Drive continuous improvement in safety and optimized operational performance through robust KLI management
• Manage driver's hours of service as required by the regulation
• Oversee transportation planning for internal and external carriers for all M&I shipments
• Manage steel mill service, inventories and coordinate with plants and SCM on balance of supply to demand
• Monitor third party terminals operations with service providers, address railcar dwelling events and prevention working with SCM
• Responsible for cost controls of assigned cost centers, review financial statements and prepare monthly financial and operative reviews
• Develop operational budget for respective area of responsibility
• Manage drivers, administration support, transportation planners
• Conduct periodic personnel PDD's, address personnel performance and/or behavioral issues, and provide necessary coaching as needed
• Ensure daily, weekly and monthly SAP processing is completed accurately and completely, address any SAP issues as needed
• Conduct safety walks & talks and other safety performance KPI's, manage cases in Synergi, investigate incidents and develop and implement corrective actions
• Conduct operations safety meetings of no less than 6 per year
• Evaluate, develop and implement logistics optimization initiatives
Working Experience and Education:
• Minimum 10-years of experience in logistics industry
• 3 to 5 years minimum of transportation planning
Competencies and Skills Required:
• Safety Minded
• Solid understanding of transportation planning
• Understanding of fleet equipment and maintenance requirements
• Proficient in interpreting and implementing transportation regulation regulations
• Strong communications skills
• Able to manage local and remote personnel
• Competent in analytics and financial reviews
• Able to balance multiple tasks at one time