The PM works with consultants, airport staff, and stakeholders to ensure project goals are met for each assigned project. The PM will review requested modifications to airport facilities and infrastructure, review plans, provide required data for specifications, develop cost estimates and projections for assigned projects. The Pm will schedule and conduct design progress meetings, prepare records required for Federal or state reimbursement, ensure that constructioncontracts are in compliance with applicable federal and state equal opportunity legislation, coordinate activities with outside agencies to assure timely completion of all projects, compile and analyze technical data, prepare reports concerning project related activities. Additionally, the project managers may assist with construction management functions on the owner’s behalf to ensure the project is built in accordance with the plans and specifications and assist in resolving constructioncontract disputes and rendering final inspection and approval of completed construction work.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ architecture/ construction or related discipline and hold a Professional Engineer registration or architectural license preferred but not required if the candidates have equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive U.S. aviation design and constructionexperience with an emphasis on terminal/concourse design and construction.
- Experience in managing design and construction implementation teams with a minimum of one (1) program at an airport with a capital program budget of $500 million.
- Familiar with various contract delivery methods (for example design-bid-build, design-build, and construction manager at risk).
- Experience preparing and negotiating design fees and reviewing construction change requests, developing a Program design schedule, design delivery plan, conducting presentations, public speaking, and possess good written communication skills.
- The facility project manager should be familiar with a wide variety of airport projects and be familiar with tenant architectural modifications to leased spaces, etc.
- Detail oriented, proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and have experience with a Program Management Software System (PMSS), Primavera Contract Manager, Prolog, or Expedition, and other electronic tools including CADD, GIS, etc. to perform job functions.