Express Script is looking for an experienced hands-on SQL development software engineer to join the Enterprise Data Services Analytics, Portal and Data Foundation team and play an integral role in serving our members and clients. In this role, you will work closely with the agile scrum team, technical and business product owner(s), solution architects, cross functional application development teams, and infrastructure teams. As a part of Enterprise Data Services Analytics, Portal and Data Foundation team, you have opportunity to work with big data platforms like Teradata, Oracle, and Hadoop platforms. Ideal candidates will bring well-rounded skillset capable of spanning business & technical disciplines and be comfortable to design & implement business solution supporting the Express Scripts EDS applications in agile principles.
- Interact with technical and business product team to ensure the accuracy and completeness of user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Design, develop, and deliver great software solutions in agile framework.
- Participate in work groups and work sessions with functional teams.
- Participate in resolving urgent and high production incidents, determine root cause of the problem and drive resolution.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years of IT development experience OR Master’s degree with 3-5 years of IT development experience.
- Must have very good understanding of SQL concepts, hands on experience with databases like Teradata, Oracle.
- Must have application development experience involves all life cycles of software development using database SQL’s to solve business requirements.
- Experience with SQL automation using BTEQ, Mainframe JCL/PROC/CNTLCARD.
- Have experience with UNIX, Shell Scripting, Java programming and XML.
- Experience of using JIRA for practicing agile development, and test driven development is a plus.
- Experience in developing Sap Business Objects or Cognos is a plus.
- Exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Web development, and Big Data concepts is a plus.
- Familiar with health care or PBM industry is a plus.